BCD536 Favorite & System quick keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmonte

First off forgive my stupidity. First post on RR. This is the first scanner I have purchased in over 15yrs. Last scanner purchased was a uniden handheld sportcat. Let me tell you, things have changed a bunch. I am basically lost. It's hard to believe they have changed that much.

I have been looking over the forum for the last week or so and trying to watch vids on youtube to better understand this scanner. The manual isn't much help and hard to comprehend. I'm all new to the DMA, Trunking systems, favorites list, system lists, and other things I have no clue what is what. I'm used to punching in a frequency and saving to bank 1-10.

Anyway my question is setting up favorites and system quick keys. I'm confused on this part: Do you create multiple FLQK's to one SQK or is it vice versa? What I have setup now is one system quick key of SQK0. And I have FLQK 0 1,2,3,4 saved to SQK 0. Is this correct or should I have multiple system quick keys saved to one favorite quick key? Right now I have SQK 00 and have different counties assigned to FLQK 01 thru 05. Sorry if this question is confusing because I am very confused. LOL. Hopefully it will all sink in one day. I've also noticed when it scans the quick keys they don't go in order. It goes like 00,01,02 then it may jump to 05 and then backwards 02,01 and then to 04 and so on. I have something out of order and have no idea what it is.

I know the above questions have probably been asked several times and again I apologize but I am LOST!!! Do they make a "Programming BCD536 for Dummies" book?

AC2OY

First off forgive my stupidity. First post on RR. This is the first scanner I have purchased in over 15yrs. Last scanner purchased was a uniden handheld sportcat. Let me tell you, things have changed a bunch. I am basically lost. It's hard to believe they have changed that much.

I have been looking over the forum for the last week or so and trying to watch vids on youtube to better understand this scanner. The manual isn't much help and hard to comprehend. I'm all new to the DMA, Trunking systems, favorites list, system lists, and other things I have no clue what is what. I'm used to punching in a frequency and saving to bank 1-10.

Anyway my question is setting up favorites and system quick keys. I'm confused on this part: Do you create multiple FLQK's to one SQK or is it vice versa? What I have setup now is one system quick key of SQK0. And I have FLQK 0 1,2,3,4 saved to SQK 0. Is this correct or should I have multiple system quick keys saved to one favorite quick key? Right now I have SQK 00 and have different counties assigned to FLQK 01 thru 05. Sorry if this question is confusing because I am very confused. LOL. Hopefully it will all sink in one day. I've also noticed when it scans the quick keys they don't go in order. It goes like 00,01,02 then it may jump to 05 and then backwards 02,01 and then to 04 and so on. I have something out of order and have no idea what it is.
I feel your pain monte. Don't feel so bad,for me too, this isn't easy! I played with the software today and actually wrote a list to the scanner because I see it...LOL actually enabling it is another story. I'm lost with FO,SO thing.
I know the above questions have probably been asked several times and again I apologize but I am LOST!!! Do they make a "Programming BCD536 for Dummies" book?
I feel your pain monte. Don't feel so bad,for me too, this isn't easy! I played with the software today and actually wrote a list to the scanner because I see it...LOL actually enabling it is another story. I'm lost with FO,SO thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.