BCD536 manual frequency input

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

So I was playing around and was figuring out how to manual input frequencies to monitor. I started putting in local music stations. They will come in at full strength for about 20 seconds then cut out to static for several seconds then come back on. Any reason why?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lawman210

I remember setting a priority channel before but I thought that channel would cut in and start transmissions

RF23

Premium Subscriber
So I was playing around and was figuring out how to manual input frequencies to monitor. I started putting in local music stations. They will come in at full strength for about 20 seconds then cut out to static for several seconds then come back on. Any reason why?

Not sure about the cause of this, but to give you more info on the good suggestion of TramaCop see below: (these were copied from either the RR Wiki or Uniden Site I did not make them up).

You have one of the following modes turned on:
• If the audio cuts out every 2 seconds regardless of mode, you have Close Call priority turned on or, if you have a BCT15 or BCT15X, you might have the BearTracker feature turned on (press HP until BP is no longer on the display to turn it off).
• If the audio cuts out every 5 seconds, you have Weather Priority turned on.
• If the audio cuts out only when you are scanning a conventional system, you have Priority turned on. By default the audio will cut out every 2 seconds, but this is user configurable from 1-10 seconds.

Some other possibilities:

Did you use FMB or WFM for the commercial FM Stations?

Do you have the correct frequency for the FM stations or just close?

Have you tired to use Attenuation in case it is signal overload to the frontend of the scanner?

lawman210

I will check the settings. As for what I did all i did was press channel hold then entered the exact radio station then hit channel again. As I am a Super noooob possibly a Super boooooob lol I didn't mess with any other settings. So with the settings you state maybe on are u suggesting that the audio cutting in and out is the radio checking on that other channel? If that is what's happening will that also happen if I am listening to a police freq? The scanner will cut in and out the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.