BCD536HP and Modulation Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
I find by changing the modulation settings I get a clearer simulcast reception in West Chester PA. Is there a way using Sentinel that you can change the modulation, say from NFM to FM or do you need to do it through the scanner

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I find by changing the modulation settings I get a clearer simulcast reception in West Chester PA. Is there a way using Sentinel that you can change the modulation, say from NFM to FM or do you need to do it through the scanner

Thanks
In Sentinel, you can make the change in a Favorites list, but you cannot make a change if you are only using the main database along with your location & range.

In your profile, in Sentinel, you can make a change for the default on a given frequency range, so that if you use "Auto" for a frequency you added (or edited) in a list will match your selection. That's under the Band Defaults tab in the Profile editor.
1600882423981.png
For this screenshot, look at the frequency range of 150.800 to 161.9950.
If I changed that from NFM to FM, then any frequency that I added to a list, in the range highlighted, would be treated as FM if, when entering, I selected "Auto" instead of specifying NFM or FM. I could change any other frequency range the same way, and/or change the default step between frequencies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Not a lot, because if you are manually adding new frequencies, setting the modulation is part of the entry process though they will, when first entered, show as 'Auto". So, if you reset a specific frequency range to use FM or NFM, then when entering a string of frequencies, leaving them as 'Auto' would make them conform to whatever setting you are using for that range,

If you are appending a system from the database, your frequencies will already have a modulation set. If you wanted to change those, then you'd need to change that by editing the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.