BCD536HP and SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I only present the facts after scentific measurements. Other people may have subjective opinions or guesses or just hopes that the facts are not true.

SDS100 measurements

/Ubbe
Scientific measurements aren't helpful if they don't accurately reflect real-world situations. Real-world performance is more meaningful than synthetic lab experiments.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Scientific measurements aren't helpful if they don't accurately reflect real-world situations. Real-world performance is more meaningful than synthetic lab experiments.

Jon, Jon, Jon.

How can you argue with the resident expert in the SDS-series scanners? You know, the person who knows EVERYTHING about them, even though they don't own or use one, and lives where there aren't any P25 LSM systems?

bberns22

So instead of spending the extra money and trading up to the SDS200 I thought I would switch to the outdoor discone antennae I have mounted outside and the simulcast channels in Chester County has great improved to where it is listenable now. May be at a later date I will get the SDS200 but for now the BCD536HP is working good for me
Glad you found away. I had stopped listening for a couple of years because I never could get anything approaching listenable with those radios.
Last year I purchased both the 100 & 200, even though I was skeptical of the claimed improvement. Was very happy with the purchase and surprised at the amount of traffic I was missing with the older radios.

90738836-4963-412A-9A46-A91F4ECE9CF0.jpeg

twotoejoe

Still not satisfied with my SDS 200 vs my 536. I'm seriously thinking about sending it back but it's hard to put the $800 device back in the mail and then having to wait on them to compare it. 2-3 weeks minimum without a high priced scanner would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.