BCD536HP Audio Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The server keeps track of which TCP connection is which and therefore it sends to multiple guests all at once.
Agree 100% Manny

RTSP however is a combination of TCP and UDP, which should be fine too, but I have a feeling the RTP protocol is too sensitive to out of sequence packets and since the radio may not be powerful enough to handle more than one connection at a time, it restricts it to one.

The UDP packets are one-way from the scanner to the media player so the scanner shouldn't worry about out of sequence packets since there are no UDP packets received. Therefore CPU power shouldn't be a factor. The TCP connections that the scanner has to keep track of will consume more memory per connection but I don't think the CPU power is a factor.

For live streaming audio, it matters when the packets arrive. Typical UDP sockets don;t have multiplexing per say. Multiple connections can keep sending to the same port as it does not matter what sequence they arrive it. With audio though, it matters.

Maybe this has something to do with it. If more UDP connections, then more out of sequence packets.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If I understand right if I buy a BCD436HP I can use my laptop to control the scanner connected to a computer at home remotely.

Yes, if using ProScan (free 30 day fully functional demo) setup as a Web Server or Remote Scanner Over IP.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Yes, if using ProScan (free 30 day fully functional demo) setup as a Web Server or Remote Scanner Over IP.

Does the 536 need to be connected to the computer or can you do though the wifi dongle using PROSCAN?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does the 536 need to be connected to the computer or can you do though the wifi dongle.?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

buddrosa was asking about the BCD436HP which doesn't have a wifi connection so it has to be connected to the serial port. BCD536HP serial port too at this time.

Last edited:

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
buddrosa was asking about the BCD436HP which doesn't have a wifi connection so it has to be connected to the serial port. BCD536HP serial port too at this time.

Is it possible that the BCD536HP can connect through wifi in the future when using Pro Scan ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

K8cpa-chuck

Just a question.

I'd like to stream my scanner's audio to scanner feed service here. I can do this without the audio cabling; with this dongle ability, with this scanner. Trouble is, no one's written a program to do as such, at least not a free one.

It would be quite sweet to be able to stream live my scanner, via the wifi dongle to RR's Live audio service.

Ideas Anyone?

garys

Premium Subscriber
The same thing happened to me. Go to post 28 in this thread and download the installer file. That will work for you.

Clik on link and It takes me to your main site, only see link to Proscan & Radiofeed.

What am I missing?
Thanks

rnwjr

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I made an audio player for learning the rtsp/rtp protocol and to test the stability of the protocol and the scanner. BCD536HP audio seems to stream perfectly.

ProScan

BCD536HP%20Audip%20Player.png

I may release the source code in a little while. The rtsp/rtp protocol is relatively easy to work with and possibly can be ported to other platforms.

When I click on ProScan I do not get the file, but am redirected to proscan.org where I can not seem to find the file.... Any suggestions?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Real Nice

Thanks Bob, Well done, appreciate it.

oldradios

My Thoughts..

Great Job Bob..

One thing I noticed.. When I first run the program, it gets about 400 bytes in (Bytes Rx) and freezes with the circling icon up.. (Primary output device is selected).. If I stop it (allowed even with the mouse pointer circling), select speakers, and then start it, again it picks up and runs fine.. No biggie, since once I select speakers, it works fine. I am using a Dell Inspiron 11/3000 series.

Two thoughts for new features....

1) It would be great if there was a way to boost the audio.. some of the channels are weak, and with everything at 100%, it is fairly low volume.

2) The other thought was that it would be great to have an AVC option.. Different channels have different volume.. With an Automatic Volume Control, the volumes would all be tweaked to produce similar volume.. so it would make listening much more pleasurable.

I have to say this is great.. I can leave my scanner upstairs with the best reception, and listen to it anywhere in the house..

Thank you!!!!

George
(oldradios.com)

scanboyca

Great audio streaming app

I am really enjoying this freebie application. Thanks a million to the developer. I can run it all day long and not experience any change in audio delay. The delay between the radio and the streamed audio is very small so it remains well synchronized with the Uniden RH-536 application.

One thing that is interesting is that this app provides metrics for the number of bytes sent and received. The Bytes RX counter increments at approximately 8k bytes power second as expected. What I find curious is that the data continues to flow at the 8k rate regardless of whether the scanner audio is muted or not. I imagine that the rtsp protocol is designed for continuous data streaming but it sure would be nice if the protocol used was more miserly. Why use 8k/sec just to stream audio consisting of complete silence when the scanner's squelch is closed? This isn't an issue at all while on a home WiFi link but is wasteful when we will eventually be able to stream to our 4G cell phones. Perhaps no such protocol exists... Just dreaming I guess.

oldradios

Timing issue?

Hi Bob,

Great application.. Thank you!..

I tried to run the app on my Dell Venue 8 pro (Atom processor, 2gb, Win 8.1). The program installs properly, and I can get it to connect, but it freezes with Bytes TX=266, RX=432 (button says Stop).. It seems to time out, and send more data, but nothing comes back..

Once in a while I can get it to run for a while by launching it out of the zip file.. which makes me think there is a timing issue.. It does lock up though after a while

I do have Eset Nod32 AntiVirus running on my machines.

Just wanted you to know..

Thanks,

George

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 463

gonzalu

Hi Bob,

I do have Eset Nod32 AntiVirus running on my machines.

George

Hmm, methinks this should be your first bet. Try disabling it. Then also disable any firewalls. Try it again. The problem isn;t with ProScan, as it works well on most machines (I think you have posted the first issue running it ) so look into your computer to see what may be blocking it. I think your AV is the culprit as a blocked port will produce a different error but not hang.

Status
Not open for further replies.