BCD536HP Clock Settings issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Is Uniden still taking care of the Clock Settings and Dim Back lite issues under warranty. Mine started this about a year ago and just now getting around to try and get it sent off to get repaired

teebee

What was the turn around? Funny thing never had the issue with my 436, only my 536. Hoping they take care of the dim light as well

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you never checked it, listen to the headphone jack output on the 536. The early release models had noisy and distorted audio. The problem is very noticeable. That is part of the repair campaign. Leave a note in the box about your problems: real time clock, dim display, and bad headphone jack audio.

teebee

I will check the headphone jack. Glad you mentioned it. Now that you mentioned it I connected a cable from my headphone jack to my PC when I first purchased the scanner and it did have a bad hum or static. Stopped using it that way because of the noise. Thought it may have been the computer connection and did not thick more about it. Since you mentioned I will include this in my notes. Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
Listen to the headphone output directly using an earpiece or headphones. If connected to a computer, you can get AC hum if not using a ground loop isolator.

teebee

Very quick turn around. Shipped it to Uniden last Monday and received it Thursday of the next week. Basically a week and a half. Display is much brighter along with the clock settings issue. Only thing is, it appears my volume is lower than normal. Having to turn up the volume higher since I received it from Uniden. Not sure why this would be affected based off the type repairs that were done.

Status
Not open for further replies.