BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD536HP Close Call

ckqualls

Premium Subscriber
I've recently come back to the hobby, so a bit out of practice.

Close Call is on. I tried to turn it off by Menu, Close Call, Set CC Mode off. Set it, but Close Call is still on.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
If it is still not honoring the changed setting the Micro SD card may be going bad.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Close Call is on. I tried to turn it off by Menu, Close Call, Set CC Mode off. Set it, but Close Call is still on.

What am I missing?
I take it that the Close Call icon (
cc.gif
or
ccdd.gif
) is on - and this is why you say that Close Call is still on?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Turn off Close Call by pressing the squelch knob until no icon appears in the upper right corner of your display. If you want to use the menu go to Menu>Close Call> Off.

Ubbe

If it is still not honoring the changed setting the Micro SD card may be going bad.
I turned CC on and then pulled the power cord and plugged it in again and CC are then off. I.E. it doesn't store that setting, along with most others, to the SD card until you properly power off the scanner and it says "writing to SD card".

/Ubbe

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
I've recently come back to the hobby, so a bit out of practice.

Are you turning the scanner off gracefully? (Turning power/vol knob to the off position so scanner can write changes to SD card rather than cutting power abruptly)

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Yes, as /Ubbe has stated, any changes you make will NOT be saved on the SD card until the scanner is shut down using the normal recommended method while power is still supplied to the scanner. It will allow the changes to be saved. I have mine hooked up to the accessory side of the ignition switch which will divorce power when the vehicle is turned off and come back on when the vehicle is started. It’s not a problem unless you use the record option, in which case you could corrupt the SD card. I have never had a problem powering the scanner in this manner but I don’t bother with the record option.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I turned CC on and then pulled the power cord and plugged it in again and CC are then off. I.E. it doesn't store that setting, along with most others, to the SD card until you properly power off the scanner and it says "writing to SD card".

/Ubbe

That is expected operation. It has to be allowed write the settings so it can read them the next power-up.