BCD536HP Control Channels ?

jwdima

Premium Subscriber
I just received my BCD536HP back from Uniden repair. It had a note stating "Some of the digital systems programmed in do not have control channels programmed in". I have NO idea what this means and if it affects any of the channels I'm trying to receive. Can anyone enlighten me ? Thanks ! Wayne

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I just received my BCD536HP back from Uniden repair. It had a note stating "Some of the digital systems programmed in do not have control channels programmed in". I have NO idea what this means and if it affects any of the channels I'm trying to receive. Can anyone enlighten me ? Thanks ! Wayne

Wayne.... may I ask as politely as I possibly can....
Do you understand trunking and how it works (control channels / channel grants)?

Please do not be afraid to ask - lots of people here that can help explain things.
Start here:

Trunked radio system - Wikipedia

How does trunking work? | Tait Radio Academy

Trunked Radio System - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you had Somerset county in, there are 2 sites with freqs. You must have everything in red for the site you are trying to monitor.

1703271996758.png

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you attach your favorites list file, I will be happy to take a look at it and make the necessary corrections. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

Last edited:

jwdima

Premium Subscriber
Wayne.... may I ask as politely as I possibly can....
Do you understand trunking and how it works (control channels / channel grants)?

Please do not be afraid to ask - lots of people here that can help explain things.
Start here:

Trunked radio system - Wikipedia

How does trunking work? | Tait Radio Academy

Trunked Radio System - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics
Can honestly say I don't know. Came to this scanner from a Realistic Pro-2006, and that was challenging, this one is a who new ballgame. Wayne

jwdima

Premium Subscriber
If you attach your favorites list file, I will be happy to take a look at it and make the necessary corrections. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.
Thanks loads, it is attached ! Wayne

Attachments

• Uniden_Bearcat_Favorites_List.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 5

tvengr

Well Known Member
Give this file a try and see how it works. It has both the Somerset County and NJICS trunked systems. I'll work on the conventional frequencies a little later. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Click on New Favorites List and name it: Somerset Co NJ Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, open the extracted file (Somerset Co NJ.hpe). It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel. Turn on Download and Monitor in the Profile Editor for the new favorites list and turn off Download for any other favorites lists. Turn on your scanner and plug in the USB cable. Press E on the scanner to enter USB Mass Storage. Go to the Scanner tab in Sentinel and click on Write to Scanner. Click on the box to Erase Favorites Lists on Scanner. Click on OK. Once the favorites list is in the scanner, eject the scanner and remove the cable.

Attachments

• Somerset Co NJ Fav.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 3

jwdima

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I will give it a go and report back! FYI, I have been simply removing the SD card and attaching that to the PC in order to do the updates from Sentinel, rather then physically moving the scanner to the PC and attaching the USB cable. Seems to be working fine, unless there is something I don't know about doing it this way. Wayne

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Open sentinel. Connect scanner with usb cable. Scanner screen, select Mass Storage Mode. No need to take sd out.

jwdima

Premium Subscriber
Open sentinel. Connect scanner with usb cable. Scanner screen, select Mass Storage Mode. No need to take sd out.
Hey Dave, no, what I am saying is for easy access to my scanner, it is on my scanner shelf with all the cables routed, so it is easier for me, to pop out the card and not trudge the scanner itself back and forth. Seems to work just fine and Sentinel recognizes the card by itself just fine, I update and pop it back in, easy-peasy.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Hey Dave, no, what I am saying is for easy access to my scanner, it is on my scanner shelf with all the cables routed, so it is easier for me, to pop out the card and not trudge the scanner itself back and forth. Seems to work just fine and Sentinel recognizes the card by itself just fine, I update and pop it back in, easy-peasy.
As long as you turn the scanner off and wait for the write to complete, then yes.. Attaching it to your computer via a card slot or card reader is fine. When done, "EJECT" the SD card reader or slot via File Explorer and right clicking on the "drive" it shows up as.