ProScan: BCD536HP Database Reading from Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
Yesterday afternoon I purchased the ProScan software. In reading the manual, it says about databases:

Opening a Database File
- Before data in a database can be uploaded to the scanner or downloaded from the scanner, a database file must be opened.
- Before opening a database, make sure the Scanner Type is correct for your model. This will insure the right database format is used.

1. Go to the Menu --> Database.
2. If an exiting database has been created before, Go to the Menu --> Database --> Open and choose the file name.
3. If creating a new database file, Go to the Menu --> Database --> New and type in any file name.

I've got the Scanner Type set for my scanner but for whatever reason, and I am definitely a noob at this software, nowhere do I see a Menu --> Database menu option.

:confused: What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

73, Dave K4EET

Voyager

The database is not applicable to the BCDx36HP series.

If you change the model to something else, the Database selection will be the first item in the menu structure.

K4EET

Chaplain
The database is not applicable to the BCDx36HP series.

If you change the model to something else, the Database selection will be the first item in the menu structure.

Ahhhhhhh... Thanks for the speedy response. I was wondering about that since the BCDx36HP models were not mentioned in the other verbiage of the section. Maybe Bob could add a statement that models not listed do not apply for noobs like me... LOL

73, Dave K4EET

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
its already noted

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 031 - ProScan - http___www.proscan.org_.png
    FireShot Capture 031 - ProScan - http___www.proscan.org_.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 487

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
K4EET,
I'm the easiest to work with on things like this, just send me an email and refund will be issued. That simple. BTW if you read the manual word for word you would've seen what WX4JCW pointed out on the 4th line from the top. It's not an advertisement.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Bob, I know this has been asked before the dmr on the x36 models, but is there going to be a database feature available for the x36 models? Your software is the best out there, and I use it a lot to program by hand dmr stuff into my bcd436. Its so much easier on my eyes. I plug it in, choose scanner only, detached window, and I am good to go. Any info on upcoming enhancements ?

Thanks

K4EET

Chaplain
K4EET,
I'm the easiest to work with on things like this, just send me an email and refund will be issued. That simple. BTW if you read the manual word for word you would've seen what WX4JCW pointed out on the 4th line from the top. It's not an advertisement.

:lol: LOL! with an Oops... You've got me there. Right on the front page. Duh me... I started reading right after the Table of Contents (TOCs). :lol: LOL!

Bob, you have a masterpiece software package called ProScan. I demo'd it a while back but due to my terminal illness called MELAS (details here), I had forgotten much about it. While the database functionality would have been a nice function for the BCDx36HP series scanners, it's not a showstopper.

I appreciate the offer of a refund as that shows what a straight-up businessman you are. I would do business with you anytime.

And for those reading this thread, the ProScan software is a great asset to have and directly compliments my BCD536HP scanner. There are many features in ProScan not found elsewhere which still make this a great program!

73, Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
Bob, I know this has been asked before the dmr on the x36 models, but is there going to be a database feature available for the x36 models? Your software is the best out there, and I use it a lot to program by hand dmr stuff into my bcd436. Its so much easier on my eyes. I plug it in, choose scanner only, detached window, and I am good to go. Any info on upcoming enhancements ?

Thanks

x2 :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Thanks

I don't know at this point in time. I understand most are using Sentinel and ARC536 (for additional features). If I did it, it would mostly be duplicating the efforts with perhaps a few minor additions. If you and others had recommended ProScan database feature, it would've been done by now. I would've quit my day job (now that I'm retirement eligible with 30 years) to get it it out faster and better.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
:lol: LOL! with an Oops... You've got me there. Right on the front page. Duh me... I started reading right after the Table of Contents (TOCs). :lol: LOL!

Bob, you have a masterpiece software package called ProScan. I demo'd it a while back but due to my terminal illness called MELAS (details here), I had forgotten much about it. While the database functionality would have been a nice function for the BCDx36HP series scanners, it's not a showstopper.

I appreciate the offer of a refund as that shows what a straight-up businessman you are. I would do business with you anytime.

And for those reading this thread, the ProScan software is a great asset to have and directly compliments my BCD536HP scanner. There are many features in ProScan not found elsewhere which still make this a great program!

73, Dave K4EET

Thanks for the compliments Dave, But you're right, It should've been stated in the manual more clearly that the BCDx36HP doesn't have database / Favorites editor.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

73, Dave K4EET

Thanks for the compliments Dave, You're right, It should've been stated in the manual more clearly that the BCDx36HP doesn't have database / Favorites editor.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Any info on upcoming enhancements ?

Next version 10.5 will have at least the following

• Added - DMA Database - Treeview Multiselect nodes capability for Drag and Drop, Copy and Paste, Deleting multiple rows, Updating text tags.
  • Added - History, UID, Recording Logging - Sorting colums with secondary sort based on previous column sorted.
  • Added - Show Passwords In The Clear option - Source Client, Web Server, And RSOIP. Option located in the General Options tab.
  • Changed - DMA Database - Uploading options - Option two recommended, changed from option one previously recommended.

Working on DMR / MotoTRBO Logging at the moment. May or may not be in depending on the stability of the firmware.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Now when you say Dma Database, (forgive me, just woke up and am out of it.) thats not for programming the x36 models? Any timeline on 10.5?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Now when you say Dma Database, (forgive me, just woke up and am out of it.) thats not for programming the x36 models? Any timeline on 10.5?

All the Uniden Scanners that don't use storage Banks are DMA (Dynamic Memory Architecture).

Dynamic Memory Architecture - The RadioReference Wiki

No timeframe yet. I wanted to do major work on the DMR logging last weekend but then my sister and brother in law came over and spend the weekend with us and that turned into another activity planned for next weekend so hopefully I can get it out in a month.

Voyager

Bob, if you will mind the slight hijack since the original topic is answered - is it possible to add licenses to one that already exists? For example, if one adds a third PC, can another copy be purchased using the same license number?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, if you will mind the slight hijack since the original topic is answered - is it possible to add licenses to one that already exists? For example, if one adds a third PC, can another copy be purchased using the same license number?

The way it's set up and I always advise is to choose another Reg. Name time of purchase and I can combine the multiple licenses into one after purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.