BCD536HP Deal - Too Good To Be True

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb6hlm

well If yo look around you can find them used in very good to new shape for around $200 to $250 so thats where i came up with the price and i think that's fair price

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
New BCD536HP scanner selling quite well for $450+ every day on Ebay from very reputable sellers every day!

And the well cared for used models are currently bidding around $330-350. $400 for two NIB 536's is a straight up steal, if you end up with what you think you are buying. No question about it.

kb6hlm

wow $450 sold !!! when can i deliver it to you??? please send info to my PM thank you so much :)

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
wow $450 sold !!! when can i deliver it to you??? please send info to my PM thank you so much :)

Of all the listings for new 536's on ebay none are less than $459, and Amazon is higher than that. A LNIB 536 could likely sell for $400+. A few auctions just ended today in the $385 range, and they didn't have a good presentation in their auction.

kb6hlm

JK JK anyway ya $200 not a bad price however if you look around there are some out there I would offer them 300 if they power up that is :)

kb6hlm

I'm just a cheapskate i guess Got mine open box for $250 and it looked band new like no one ever hooked it up :)

allend

Premium Subscriber
I would buy them and re-sell them and make 400 bucks and then take your 400 bucks plus the 400 bucks you made and buy the SDS-200 with the NXDN and the DMR upgrades. Done and Done

Stupidfatkid

I don't thinks it's unreasonable for the guy not to want someone to open the boxes. That's his selling point to get rid of them. What if someone opened the boxes and then said, "Naa, I think I'll pass"? Now the guy is stuck with selling two open-box scanners. The next person is going to come along and be skeptical that they were never used because the boxes have been opened.

kb6hlm

could buy one and plug it in right there and if it works buy the other one ? How about that for thinking? :):):):)

And if it don't punch the guy right in the nose !!

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Run, do not walk, away from this "deal". I don't see an actual scanner for sale. I see a picture ripped from Amazon that the seller was too lazy to disguise. They couldn't even take the time to verify the correct brand name of the product. As far as open box issue is concerned, it's not unreasonable to open a box on a NOG item just for photos. That can be easily explained in the listing.

Reactions: RRR

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I would buy them and re-sell them and make 400 bucks and then take your 400 bucks plus the 400 bucks you made and buy the SDS-200 with the NXDN and the DMR upgrades. Done and Done

LOL, already all set with two SDS's. But I could use a "free" BCD536HP (after selling the other).

I'm just a cheapskate i guess Got mine open box for $250 and it looked band new like no one ever hooked it up :)

Hey I'm the same way. I picked up a 436 for $180 several years back before and SDS scanner existed, and I've purchased many scanners at absurdly good prices just by keeping an eye out at all times.

kb6hlm

then open the other one and plug it in as well and again if it dont work punch him right in the nose! take back up with you and be packing !!

LMAO

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If the seller accepts PayPal and his account is confirmed you will be protected by PayPal's Buyer's Protection which is very good! It may be some scanner enthusist that bought two 536's and changed his mind and is trying to incrase cash flow for a new SDS. It wouldn't be the first time!

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
then open the other one and plug it in as well and again if it dont work punch him right in the nose! take back up with you and be packing !!

LMAO

I do miss the old days...maybe the early 80s back, when life actually did work that way. People weren't such PC weaklings and a little street justice still had its place. At any rate, I already had every intention of wearing my pistol, open carry. I always do when I meet someone for an internet sale....lots of bad things happen in those situations to those who are unprepared and run into goblins.

Status
Not open for further replies.