Bcd536hp Dept Status Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
With the bcd996xt, a quick glance at the screen would tell you what system you were on and what dept quick keys were enabled. Now with favorites list quick keys on the top row, dept quick keys status seems to have disappeared.

Has anyone figured out a way to quickly tell for a system you're monitoring, what dept quick keys are currently enabled?

I thought I could trying hitting the function scroll button on the left hand side of the radio, but that just gave me d8. I hope I don't have that many dept lists! Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KI4SXZ

Yes. Hit the "Push Function" knob. It will switch the screen for a few items. One of them being departments.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Ki4sxz: tried that didn't work. When I do that, it shows s0: 0 flashing with "d8" on the second line

marksmith

It should put system line where favorites line was, and put a department line where the system line was.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That "D8:" line is the Department Quick Key status line.

So if you see something like "D8:0*23------" it translates to:

Department Quick Key 80 is assigned and turned on as are Department Quick Keys 82 and 83.

Department Quick Key 81 is assigned but is turned off.

Department Quick Keys 84-89 have not been assigned to anything in the active System.

Some folks include the Department Quick Key in the Department's Name, such as "D80 ABC Fire Department".

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
So i need to go into the software and figure out which dept I also have in dept 80.

Right now, when it's scanning the only stem I have active and there are NO talk groups actively talking and I hit the function button, "d8:0" shows and the '0' flashes.

When there is an active talkgroup on, I can hit the function button and my active depts for that system show at the top instead of that 'd8:0'. Does that make sense?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That is "normal behavior".

I suspect you have programmed a Site to use Department Quick Key 80. When there are no active transmissions, pressing the Function Knob will show the status of those sites having been assigned a Quick Key. The flashing digital shows the Quick Key for the site the scanner is monitoring.

If there are active transmissions and you press the Function knob, you will see the status of the Department Quick Keys that have been assigned to groups of channels (talkgroups). The flashing Department Quick Key is the active Department. So for example, if "Fire 1" is the channel on which an transmission is occurring and "Fire 1" is in a Department with a Department Quick Key of 01, you would see "D0:1--------" with the 1 flashing.

Last edited:

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I went in and changed the site quick key in my very first system from 80 to 0. No more d8. I still wish there were an easy way to turn on and off depts other than "..# " of dept. like "function+ dept # " or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.