BCD536HP Display and future firmware upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravada

I'm hoping that the display on this (and also the 436HP) can be enhanced in a future update. I am very pleased overall with both units and in particular with the recent upgrade to the 536 to address the loose squelch issue. However i am very disappointed with the display on these units as compared to the 396XT and 996XT. The font is very small and difficult to see. The unit/radio ID almost requires a magnifying glass to see it. With the physical size of the display window on the 436 the display from the 396XT would be awesome. I also like the ability to change the display colour that exists on the 396/996 XT's.
All in all a great product that Uniden has become famous for producing. I have owned pretty much every model produced since 1980 or so. Just hoping that these items that I consider to be shortcomings can be addressed/upgraded.

whsbuss

I'm hoping that the display on this (and also the 436HP) can be enhanced in a future update. I am very pleased overall with both units and in particular with the recent upgrade to the 536 to address the loose squelch issue. However i am very disappointed with the display on these units as compared to the 396XT and 996XT. The font is very small and difficult to see. The unit/radio ID almost requires a magnifying glass to see it. With the physical size of the display window on the 436 the display from the 396XT would be awesome. I also like the ability to change the display colour that exists on the 396/996 XT's.
All in all a great product that Uniden has become famous for producing. I have owned pretty much every model produced since 1980 or so. Just hoping that these items that I consider to be shortcomings can be addressed/upgraded.

I don't think a firmware update will ever allow a colored display. I believe the backlight LEDs are just white and not multicolor ones.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I have wondered why, with from what I have seen, many scannists tending to be older, that the 436HP has such small fonts. Thank god for progressive lenses :p !!

Status
Not open for further replies.