BCD536HP - Display vs/ HP-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glockorola

Do we know at this juncture what the display graphics for a WiFi equipped 536 will look like when viewing same on an iPad or PC/tablet display with touch screen? Will it essentially be the same graphics (and associated touch screen GUI) that are used on the venerable HP-1, or a copy of the image from the 536 front panel? I have not yet read the x36 manual, so please forgive me if this is all spelled out in there. Thanks, in advance, for any help on this.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Do we know at this juncture what the display graphics for a WiFi equipped 536 will look like when viewing same on an iPad or PC/tablet display with touch screen? Will it essentially be the same graphics (and associated touch screen GUI) that are used on the venerable HP-1, or a copy of the image from the 536 front panel? I have not yet read the x36 manual, so please forgive me if this is all spelled out in there. Thanks, in advance, for any help on this.

Upman's video from a while back shows that starting at the 15:45 mark:

WebHome < NewScanners < TWiki

Glockorola

Thanks for the quick follow up. That's great news. I guess the only mystery on remote access regards Upman's comment in the video that the WiFi remote access feature will allow you to remotely control every single function of the 536. Since the video shows the PC screen looking exactly like the HP-1 screen, I assume this suggests that there would be additional screen(s) required to allow control of the myriad of buttons on the front panel of the 536, not found on the HP-1. This may provide the best of both worlds. The WiFi aspect is the biggest factor in my decision to pre-order a 536, that and the fact it has P25 Phase II, and better yet TDMA-X. Awesome!

Larry

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
First app implementation will allow control of critical functionality, and we'll roll out additional functionality throughout the year.

ADDITIONAL: I should also note that the video showed a screen mockup. That is the asperational design...the final will certainly have differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.