BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD536hp Display

llwade

Premium Subscriber
purchased BCD536 scanner in 2014. Now the display is "washed out" and dim. Has anyone had any luck sending 536 in for repair of this issue and what was the outcome. Thank you for your time.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
There was a repair campaign a few years back that Uniden repaired for free the dimming display and clock issue on the 436 and 536...
Had my 436 repaired at that time... Didn't cost me anything... They even payed for shipping both ways...
That campaign is long gone...
You will have to pay to have it repaired now...

Last edited:

LesWurk

purchased BCD536 scanner in 2014. Now the display is "washed out" and dim. Has anyone had any luck sending 536 in for repair of this issue and what was the outcome. Thank you for your time.
from another thread, Uniden's fix

Attachments

• Bcd636hp battery led-1.pdf
    284.9 KB · Views: 40

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
what was the results: did the screen display again?
Worked fine after the repair... The 436 and 536 both had display and clock issues... My 436 was purchased in 2014...
My 436 went in for the repair campaign in Oct of 2019... I believe the campaign ended in Nov of 2019 or 2020... Don't remember exacly...

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you send it in for repair, check the headphone jack audio first. The early scanners had noisy and distorted audio on the headphone jack. Be sure to leave a note taped to the scanner with the problems you are experiencing.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you send it in for repair, check the headphone jack audio first. The early scanners had noisy and distorted audio on the headphone jack. Be sure to leave a note taped to the scanner with the problems you are experiencing.
If you have any of the paid upgrades (ProVoice, DMR, or NXDN), I would also include that info on your ‘problems’ note taped to the scanner.

gary123

If you are sending to a non Undien shop for repair you may also want to concider having a discriminator tap added.