BCD536HP DMR and NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
I have a BCD536HP with the DMR and NXDN upgrades for about a year and a half. I am very disappointed with the reception. Not sure if I have a setting wrong on what. I gave two Police Departments in a neighboring county several County Highway a City public works both on DMR and NXDN. They are one of channel systems I have the DMR set up for single channel and Trbo and set up for search. The Police I have color codes and talk groups from database but do not receive. The only thing I have blank on both is the LCN channel number. Is this the issue. Do I need to leave this blank, add channel number 1 or run the analyze mode to get this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Could you link the systems from the database you are trying to receive? How far are you from this area? What are you using for an antenna?

This will help users get you better answers.

gary123

I have several 536 running both NXDN and TROB/DMR systems. The trick is to have the systems set up correctly as Enjoi19 has stated. My biggest headache is improper displayed decode info for NXDN. Come on Uniden its been over a year and NO updates to the firmware at all?? WE know that the SDS series uses the same basic firmware files and data.

Ubbe

You should always be receiving if you enter a channel manually, Channel+Frequency+Channel. Try that with the frequencies and set the squelch at 2 so it will open on the weakest signal. Check the Search CloseCall options and set digital wait time to 0 and threshold to manual and 8.

Now you should hear the datasignal if you are within range. If you hear nothing you'll have to improve reception. If you hear data clear enough it should switch over to digital mode and decode to analog sound. If that works then it's just a matter of setting trunking parameters correctly.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.