BCD536HP DMR Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

murph3

Premium Subscriber
Hello:

I recently picked up a BCD536HP and decided to add the DMR upgrade. In my line of work I install things all the time, but I often feel a warm fuzzy feeling when I can list contents or monitor apps running to verify what was installed.

Aside from attempting to listen to DMR stations which may or may not be active, is there a way to visually inspect the settings and verify the DMR features are indeed installed correctly?

Thanks.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
On the radio, hit Menu, scroll to Settings then scroll to Upgrade.
Select the DMR upgrade option. If it says already activated, you are good. If not activated, it will ask for you to input the key given to you when you purchased the upgrade.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Once the DMR option is purchased, program a local amateur radio DMR repeater and see if you can hear it. Otherwise, just sit on those DMR services you want to listen to and wait. Most public safety services will xmit within an hour. (Public safety agencies using DMR are rare.) If it’s a school system, school bus company or public works dept. (more common uses) it may be quiet until school is back in session, with the exception of public works.

Status
Not open for further replies.