BCD536HP Download from Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
I was having this problem before I sent the scanner to Uniden for the clock fix. However, when I "Write" the data from Sentinel to the 536 it only downloads what was originally there. It will not display any of the new favorites list that I have added. I also have a 436 that I have no problem writing the data to off of the same Sentinel. Both scanners have the ProVoice/DMR updates. I have tried clearing user data on the 536, but it reverts back and only downloads the original. My next thought was there is an issue with the SD Card. Any thoughts, or anyone have a similar problem?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I was having this problem before I sent the scanner to Uniden for the clock fix. However, when I "Write" the data from Sentinel to the 536 it only downloads what was originally there. It will not display any of the new favorites list that I have added. I also have a 436 that I have no problem writing the data to off of the same Sentinel. Both scanners have the ProVoice/DMR updates. I have tried clearing user data on the 536, but it reverts back and only downloads the original. My next thought was there is an issue with the SD Card. Any thoughts, or anyone have a similar problem?
Are you using different profiles for the two scanners?

Make sure that the favorites lists are set in the profile to download. If that is set to "no", the favorites list will not be written to the scanner. Note that you can leave them as "no" to monitor by default, but download to scanner must still be set as "yes".

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
Try writing to it with the 436HP sd card in it.

I just did this a little while ago. It did the same thing. The SD card must have gotten corrupted. I ordered another, and its on the way. I'll try to go from there. For now I have the 436's card in the 536 and it worked fine, and downloaded without issue.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just for giggles, I'd trying re-formatting the original 536 card (the one you suspect is corrupted) with SD Formatter and doing a "Clear User Data" with Sentinel. Then I'd do a write to scanner with the Favorites Lists, etc.

Your card may be fine but the files on it are out of whack.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Make sure that the favorites lists are set in the profile to download. If that is set to "no", the favorites list will not be written to the scanner. Note that you can leave them as "no" to monitor by default, but download to scanner must still be set as "yes".

This is the most likely problem, the download to scanner box is not checked.

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
Just for giggles, I'd trying re-formatting the original 536 card (the one you suspect is corrupted) with SD Formatter and doing a "Clear User Data" with Sentinel. Then I'd do a write to scanner with the Favorites Lists, etc.

Your card may be fine but the files on it are out of whack.

I put the card back in the 536, and did a full clear user data. When I attempted to write the profile back, a message popped up that said "Files are corrupted. Operation cancelled." I only have one profile as I wanted both radios to be programed the exact same. I'm now wondering if the card was corrupted due to the software (clock) issue with the 536 it self or if when I upgraded the 436 before the 536 and attempted to download the profile something went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.