BCD536HP EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

np4r

Hi , Im trying to monitor a EDACS system in my BCD536HP but no luck so far . I have an old PRO-433 with the same antenna, same frequencies and I can Hear the system complete . If there a setting missing on the 536? I programmed it as Edacs and conventional , both ways no reception.

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Are the LCN's correct in your programming?
Not knowing which specific site your picking up, but possibly the LCN's are incorrect/changed in the DB?
Try the LCN finder for the site your trying to monitor, See if they have changed or are correct.
1603765394796.png
Also verify the Service Type "Utilities" is enabled
1603765754624.png

Ubbe

I hear it on pro-433 but not on 536, I don't know for what reason
As I remember, EDACS trunked isn't used here since a decade or more ago, it has a control channel with a constant datasignalling that should be easy to check.

Push CHANNEL to stop scanning. Enter the frequency of LCN1 that probably are the control channel. Push Channel again.

Turn down squelch to 0 and turn the dial 3-4 steps to move off frequency and then back again. You should hear noise when you go to another frequency and the control data on the exact frequency. It could also mute the audio and start to decode the datastream after just a brief moment.

Do the same with all frequencies to catch the control channel if it have moved to another LCN.

If you only get noise and no control channel data you have no reception and you will need to check the antenna or your position and location of the scanner antenna.

If you do hear control data and it mutes the audio you have to check that service types and LCN's are the correct ones in your programming. But you first need to receive a radio signal before looking into that.

/Ubbe

K4EET

Chaplain
Hello @np4r, do you have the ProVoice EDACS Uniden Upgrade Key installed in your Uniden BCD536HP scanner? I don't think that was ever specifically stated or asked. I just wanted to make sure. 73, Dave K4EET

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Hello @np4r, do you have the ProVoice EDACS Uniden Upgrade Key installed in your Uniden BCD536HP scanner? I don't think that was ever specifically stated or asked. I just wanted to make sure. 73, Dave K4EET

This is only needed if there are talkgroups using ProVoice. If they are analog, no upgrade needed. It would be nice to know which system they are trying to listen to.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Yep,
Just make sure one of those frequencies listed for the site(s) your monitoring is an active control channel, W/O that the scanner won't trunk track the voice Ch's/TG's. The CC will sound sorta like a boat engine idling (for lack of a better explanation) in conventional mode.. If provoice was used you'd hear beeps and gentle swooshing sounds of data during voice calls on the voice ch's, If everything is analog voice you should be able to get it to work.. Also as mentioned, The LCN's need to be correct, and they may have changed.. IDK. I don't see any changes to the sites since 2015 in the DB.
1603822240395.png

Chris0516

As I remember, EDACS trunked isn't used here since a decade or more ago, it has a control channel with a constant datasignalling that should be easy to check
/Ubbe
While I have a UBCD325p2, instead of a UBCD436/536. What you mentioned above. Is the main reason I added NXDN n' DMR. But not EDACS ProVoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.