BCD536HP esn checksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesumofo

Hello all.
The uniden RMA generator for the 536 asks for a serial number/ESN and the ESN checksum.
It says to go to
SETTINGS → SEE SCANNER INFORMATION → FIRMWARE VERSION

The ESN checksum is NOT there!!!

Where is it why is this silly number needed presumably each radio has a unique serial number....

Thanks
Yaesumofo

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is there, right next to the word "SUM="

It helps to reduce input errors.

yaesumofo

I FOUND IT!! yes I did thank you.
I was doing the search by remote My wife was assisting on the radio at home.
Now all set.
l'll ship it tomorrow provided I get the RMA information before then.

Thanks.
BTW
There seem to be lots of people who just will not be pleased by how UNIDEN is handling this factory defect.
Don't let those guys get to you.
They have delusions of grandeur. They seem to think they are owed more than a working radio by uniden.
They resent being paying beta testers. they act as if somebody made them pull out their credit card and made them buy a new cutting edge UNIDEN.
I think they believe UNIDEN is making money hand over fist on these radios. I am sure the reality would surprise them. Its too bad this defect came up since I am sure it has diverted resources from other projects (sentinel). Lets hope that now that we have a return system in place that we can get back on track continuing to develop firmware and software for these new cutting edge radios.
JUST DONT LET THOSE naysayers have ANY impact please.

Yaesumofo

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I agree 150%. This especially applies to the three who do nothing but whine, complain, cry, and try to start fights with you along with starting crap, several times a day in each and every thread which exists on here relating to the new scanners.

I'm a long time GRE person but come Monday I'm going to purchase one of the new Unidens. Already programmed on Sentinel. So there are, I imagine a lot of us out here you don't hear from who do not believe all the BS they are coming up with. (If they are available to purchase)

One thing especially, please don't change the audio to appease those who don't like the new more realistic voice quality of the scanners. I for one really do and I've heard a lot of others do as well.

From what I've seen and heard they are great scanners and I can't wait to get mine, thank you for all your time and effort on here to make them even better.

ernie2249

Trying to send my 536 back, but I keep getting an error message when trying to add the checksum on the required online form ? Looking at the readout info, the checksum appears to be 0D8, but the online keeps rejecting it ? I've tried changing the zero to an O, changing the D to 0 with no luck. If anybody can help with this, please let me know.

ernie2249

First, the form will not let me enter the ESN except for the last 4 digits, which are the same on the label and what appears on the display of the 536. The SUM= is not being accepted, it keeps giving my an error ? If I can't enter this info, how can I submit a repair order form ?????????

Voyager

Are you entering the first four digits which are (usually) shown to the left of the field? If so, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.