BCD536HP Feature Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

y84media

Hello all,

I would like to request the following two features that I feel would enhance the enjoyment of this scanner.
1) Option to leave the LED status light on during the entire time it's receiving that signal.
Right now the LED turns off after a few seconds even though the conversation is still taking place.

2) An option to tighten up the volume and squelch knob response.
If you move the knobs slowly, it often will not register that the knob moved and as a result not turn the volume/squelch up or down. For example, I find myself having to spin the volume knob several "notches" to increase the volume 1 level. I would like the volume and squelch to have a 1:1 response, seems like depending on how fast or much I turn the knob is when it wakes up and senses that the knob is being used.

I think these are both firmware updates (unless I missed the LED setting somewhere).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The extended LED alert light seems to be a popular request. . . I've seen a number of folks asking for that. Hopefully it is something they can do in a firmware update.

testdummy

Hello all,

I would like to request the following two features that I feel would enhance the enjoyment of this scanner.
1) Option to leave the LED status light on during the entire time it's receiving that signal.
Right now the LED turns off after a few seconds even though the conversation is still taking place.

2) An option to tighten up the volume and squelch knob response.
If you move the knobs slowly, it often will not register that the knob moved and as a result not turn the volume/squelch up or down. For example, I find myself having to spin the volume knob several "notches" to increase the volume 1 level. I would like the volume and squelch to have a 1:1 response, seems like depending on how fast or much I turn the knob is when it wakes up and senses that the knob is being used.

I think these are both firmware updates (unless I missed the LED setting somewhere).

Another vote for #1. I hadn't noticed #2, but I rarely adjust them - using in my office on a desktop.

Ron

an39511

On my 536 the volume and squelch are quite sensitive. If I rotate very slowly, either the squelch or volume, it will increment / decrement before hitting the notch. Make sure you have the latest firmware to that out. One thing to note on my scanner, if I have the squelch at full counterclockwise (open) I must rotate the knobs 7 clicks before it moves off 0. Once I am 7 clicks to clockwise it increments normally.

y84media

On my 536 the volume and squelch are quite sensitive. If I rotate very slowly, either the squelch or volume, it will increment / decrement before hitting the notch. Make sure you have the latest firmware to that out. One thing to note on my scanner, if I have the squelch at full counterclockwise (open) I must rotate the knobs 7 clicks before it moves off 0. Once I am 7 clicks to clockwise it increments normally.

I have the latest firmware, and it seems to be a random issue, but dependent on the amount and speed of rotation at how/when it responds and how much it changes volume/squelch.

jeffrogerson

A little trick to make the light stay on longer is to save unit ids, and assign a colour to that unit id. That way, the light triggers mid transmission when said unit id transmits. Of course, this is of no help on conventional.

y84media

Good suggestion however only some of our police is digital, fire & EMS are conventional, along with most police.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
"PATCH" DISPLAY

I would like to see a provision added to the display that would indicate when a "patch" is taking place between talk groups. I believe this is a feature that the GRE psr 600 had on it...

WaveJam

Feed Provider
My top two requests would be:

2) Option to default to either Serial or Mass Storage upon USB connection and scanner start-up.

Several times I have walked away from the scanner (while its scanning) and I come back to find it no longer scanning and sitting on the "Mass Storage" screen. Very annoying. Also, when the USB is connect on scanner start-up, I don't want it to be necessary to select Serial or Mass Storage before it starts scanning. At least build in a timeout and then default to either Serial or Storage on its own.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
More Tone-Outs. A couple of pages from a couple of departments, and you've chewed up your 30-something. In a city like Houston, >> 100 would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.