BCD536HP First Firmware Update v1.03.03 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I have no more ideas...if it shows that it is writing to the scanner, then it is writing to the scanner. I can't think of any condition where it would say that it is writing to the scanner and actually not be writing to the scanner.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Once you have unplugged the cable and the scanner has come back on, what does MENU>SETTINGS>SEE SCANNER INFORMATION>FIRMWARE VERSION get you?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
@Skyteam11: When you get a chance, go into the menu and select Settings->Restore Options->Reset User Settings. This will do a "factory reset" on your scanner but it won't erase your favorites, just in case you still can't write to the scanner. Then connect it to your computer and choose Mass Storage mode, but don't start Sentinel just yet - see if you can see your radio as a drive letter in Windows Explorer first. If you can see your radio and can browse around in the folders and files on the SD Card, then Sentinel should be able to see it too. Fire up Sentinel and try to run the firmware update again.

If that fails then (gulp) you can try Settings->Restore Options->Clear User data which will wipe it completely clean as if you had just taken it out of the box. Fair warning: Doing this WILL erase your favorites. Make sure all is backed up in Sentinel prior to doing the full reset.

Give that a go and let us know what happens.

-AZ

skyteam11

Premium Subscriber
@Skyteam11: When you get a chance, go into the menu and select Settings->Restore Options->Reset User Settings. This will do a "factory reset" on your scanner but it won't erase your favorites, just in case you still can't write to the scanner. Then connect it to your computer and choose Mass Storage mode, but don't start Sentinel just yet - see if you can see your radio as a drive letter in Windows Explorer first. If you can see your radio and can browse around in the folders and files on the SD Card, then Sentinel should be able to see it too. Fire up Sentinel and try to run the firmware update again.

If that fails then (gulp) you can try Settings->Restore Options->Clear User data which will wipe it completely clean as if you had just taken it out of the box. Fair warning: Doing this WILL erase your favorites. Make sure all is backed up in Sentinel prior to doing the full reset.

Give that a go and let us know what happens.

-AZ

You are going to love this. I tried the restor, no luck. Th an tried the Clear user data. It said it did just that but it did not do it. I still have the same F/L list wowo Now what ???? Thanks for trying to help

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
You are going to love this. I tried the restor, no luck. Th an tried the Clear user data. It said it did just that but it did not do it. I still have the same F/L list wowo Now what ???? Thanks for trying to help

That's really bizarre. I'd have to say at this point try a different SD card (or reformat the one you have) and see what happens. It sounds like the scanner and the SD card aren't getting along vey well anymore.

-AZ

skyteam11

Premium Subscriber
My thoughts to but I thought I would ask first before just jumping into it. I wounder if there is another factory reboot hidden

emtLarmy15

BCD536HP First Maintenance Release v1.03.03 Available

Thought so... It appeared I take when I did it... Just wasn't a mention of it above...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
The more smiles I see the greater the chance that I MAY smile :wink:

I just might go from "on the other side of the fence" to "on the fence" in my decision-making process.

Keep the positive news coming :cool: !!

McCroskey

The more smiles I see the greater the chance that I MAY smile :wink:

I just might go from "on the other side of the fence" to "on the fence" in my decision-making process.

Keep the positive news coming :cool: !!

We're all holding our breath for you.

Jake68111

So far, so good on this update!

Yanking a smile outta me!

razz.gif

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I just placed my order for a 436HP from the Ham Radio Outlet website due to the free shipping.

Now My question is "Do I still download the firmware update when I get the radio ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.