BCD536HP & Hidden SSID / Wireless Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

When setting up my BCD536HP in infrastructure mode I noticed you can only connect to wireless networks that are broadcasting their SSID (wireless network name)

Right now I can't connect my BCD536HP to my wireless network because it is using a hidden SSID. Any chance of adding support for hidden wireless networks before the Siren app is released?

Hit_Factor

Re: BCD536HP & Hidden SSID / Wireless Network

Try unhiding your ssid, connecting, then hide again. This might work.

BTW, hidden ssid doesn't provide real security. Using strong encryption and strong passwords with up to date firmware provides real security.

Steve2003

Try unhiding your ssid, connecting, then hide again. This might work.

BTW, hidden ssid doesn't provide real security. Using strong encryption and strong passwords with up to date firmware provides real security.

Thanks for the tip. I now have my BCD536HP setup on my hidden wireless network. Un-hiding the network, connecting the scanner, and then hiding the network again did the trick.

(BTW my network is WPA2 encrypted but hidden for an extra layer of security)

Hit_Factor

Re: BCD536HP & Hidden SSID / Wireless Network

Glad that worked out.

Wpa2 = real security when used with strong passwords. Changing the password regularly gets extra points.

kellykeeton

BCD536HP & Hidden SSID / Wireless Network

It takes 5 seconds to find your hidden ssid - takes 30 seconds to bust MAC filtering ( if you have crappy enxryption)

SCPD

QRT
It takes 5 seconds to find your hidden ssid - takes 30 seconds to bust MAC filtering ( if you have crappy enxryption)

At least you get a break from the drive by quick access to your network.
The Hardcore get in no matter what..............................

Status
Not open for further replies.