BCD536HP is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

My personal opinion is that the new BCD536HP is one awesome scanner. Reception is excellent! I am using it on P25 multi-site system, 800MHz Motorola system, conventional, airband, etc. It is kicking tail on these 800 systems. Airband monitoring is good too. I'll need more time to get into the nuts and bolts of the radio but so far so good! I highly recommend. Any questions, I'd be glad to answer if I can. I'll do some videos at some point in the future and put them up on my site (linked in my signature as of this posting).

I love that the screen is large. I've been wanting a larger screen on these base/mobile scanners for a long time and Uniden came through. The record/replay feature is one of my favorites by far. And while listening to the recordings or playbacks it shows all the information on screen as if it was scanning (tones, frequencies, etc.).

The alert lights around the VFO knob is really cool and useful.

I like that I can tag the UID on the trunked system and at a glance know what unit is transmitting.

I can't wait for the Siren app to play with the WiFi feature.

I know there are several threads on here complaining about things. But from where I am sitting this is one high tech scanner. I'm not saying it doesn't have a glitch here or there. But nothing so bad that it renders it unusable. It is a very nice radio! Can't wait for the 436 to get here. I recommend this radio for those interested.

Here is a picture of the 536 on top of the BCD996T for your viewing pleasure. (note the pic makes it look like the screen is unevenly lit, but this is not the case. The screen backlight is even.)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 3,756

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
safetyobc ::

The 536 looks awesome in the picture.. Super shot..

Looking to hear more from you and others as to how it sounds, works, etc; after getting used to how it works.

Thanks for the info and pic's

safetyobc

Audio is clear and can get LOUD. Even when audio is jacked up to the max at 29 it remains clear and distortion free (meaning the internal speaker doesn't distort).

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Audio is clear and can get LOUD. Even when audio is jacked up to the max at 29 it remains clear and distortion free (meaning the internal speaker doesn't distort).

In analog mode compared to your 996T, how does the audio compare. I'm hoping the Uniden guy listened to all my valid complaints about the lack of audio output power the past generations of scannners have had. I really hope they got it right this time.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Nice! It looks like the 536 is just a bit wider than the 996, correct?

johngdoty

Premium Subscriber
In analog mode compared to your 996T, how does the audio compare. I'm hoping the Uniden guy listened to all my valid complaints about the lack of audio output power the past generations of scannners have had. I really hope they got it right this time.
I have both the 996T and the 536HP and the audio on the 536 is definitely much better.

mondaro

Feed Provider
My personal opinion is that the new BCD536HP is one awesome scanner. Reception is excellent! I am using it on P25 multi-site system, 800MHz Motorola system, conventional, airband, etc. It is kicking tail on these 800 systems. Airband monitoring is good too. I'll need more time to get into the nuts and bolts of the radio but so far so good! I highly recommend. Any questions, I'd be glad to answer if I can. I'll do some videos at some point in the future and put them up on my site (linked in my signature as of this posting).

I love that the screen is large. I've been wanting a larger screen on these base/mobile scanners for a long time and Uniden came through. The record/replay feature is one of my favorites by far. And while listening to the recordings or playbacks it shows all the information on screen as if it was scanning (tones, frequencies, etc.).

The alert lights around the VFO knob is really cool and useful.

I like that I can tag the UID on the trunked system and at a glance know what unit is transmitting.

I can't wait for the Siren app to play with the WiFi feature.

I know there are several threads on here complaining about things. But from where I am sitting this is one high tech scanner. I'm not saying it doesn't have a glitch here or there. But nothing so bad that it renders it unusable. It is a very nice radio! Can't wait for the 436 to get here. I recommend this radio for those interested.

Here is a picture of the 536 on top of the BCD996T for your viewing pleasure. (note the pic makes it look like the screen is unevenly lit, but this is not the case. The screen backlight is even.)

Question.... Do you know from the software or key pad is there any way to set all my conventional channels to a five second delay at one time or do I have to go into the software and drill down to each agency and set the delay via the software ?

Thanks

Tony

wise871

Database Admin
Question.... Do you know from the software or key pad is there any way to set all my conventional channels to a five second delay at one time or do I have to go into the software and drill down to each agency and set the delay via the software ?

Thanks

Tony

You can drill down or you can copy the first 5 sec and then select all the other channels and then paste. Saves you from having to do each one, one-by-one.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Wise,

Thank you, another quick question, I set up the 536 when I received it on my lap top computer.
Now I am at home and have the software on my PC, I want to continue to program the radio at home.
Do I need to update the software first at home via Upman's thread or just download the current info from the 536 ? Thanks for any help on this.

Tony

johngdoty

Premium Subscriber
Wise,

Thank you, another quick question, I set up the 536 when I received it on my lap top computer.
Now I am at home and have the software on my PC, I want to continue to program the radio at home.
Do I need to update the software first at home via Upman's thread or just download the current info from the 536 ? Thanks for any help on this.

Tony

I installed the software from the link, made sure it was version 1.02, then downloaded from the scanner to my desktop machine.

mrkelso

I'm going to have to do something about those white buttons when i get mine.

johngdoty

Premium Subscriber
Oh they're not too bad and boy are they useful buttons! You can hold on systems, departments, or channels. By the way, love your avatar. "Uh, just one more question"

whooey

I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. I do not need this scanner. :D

johngdoty

Premium Subscriber
Sure you don't. That's right, just don't look at it. Don't notice it's clean lines and electronic goodness.
Don't caress it's smooth cool buttons. Don't imagine how it would look on your desk. Think about something else. Something like that Visa card in your wallet calling to you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.