BCD536HP Moble Setup?? with GPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1ic

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a BCD536HP with GPS? I would love to see pictures of how you setup this configuration in your truck/car and what antenna you used.

I am just getting my Ham stuff installed into my truck and would love to put a BCD536HP that auto GPS updates for my travels... I just haven't seen a good clean configuration with GPS outside of the cig/lighter GPS which I don't want all those wires hanging all over the place.

Thanks, N1IC

JamesO

I have all the gear, not fully installed.

Would probably use a female lighter pigtail and mount all the gear out of the way.

You could also remove the lighter plug end and wire the the end directly.

I would probably put the GPS receiver on the back deck or if in a SUV mount the GPS in a side window area.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've got a 2013 Ford F150. The GPS (the Uniden deal) has the "hockey puck" in the front windshield. There's a lift-up tray in the center and the wire was run under the tray behind the dashboard. From there the wires travel inside the center console into the storage console/armrest where my scanner and Ham radio are located.

Power for the GPS, scanner and Ham radio are on a circuit I installed. It's a neat set-up. At present the scanner is a 996XT, though for installation purposes the 536 is the same.

The antennas are mounted to the fenders using vehicle specific mounting brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.