BCD536HP Newbie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

satvsys

Considering this scanner but been out of the scanning world for about 3 years.

I drive a Chevrolet Express Van with limited space up front. Lot of cargo room and was thinking of mounting radio in cargo area. Would I be able with the WiFi on my android tablet to turn On/Off and some more basic functions such as volume, scan/hold, ..etc?

Read where you can enter zip code to get local channels. Would this include the trunked frequencies also ?

What is the source for the data base updates?

Thanks
KenD

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
They have not released the APP yet, so I cant answer...but the advertising showed full control over the radio.

Entering the zip will get you everything you have checked off in your profile (Law dispatch, CB, Aircraft,Fire Talk, etc) You can turn on/off the services of interest/no interest to you, and it will zip scan the rest. Add a GPS and it will so the same thing, but will follow whereever you are. Conventional, trunked, APCO, all of it.

Uniden supplied the database updates, which I am assuming they get from this site.

shonc182

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dave, good info. I did not know the app had not been released.

Keep reading on here, there are other features that are still in the advertising that are not yet incorporated in the scanner. Be informed.

satvsys

As for the HH 436, I am seeing that it will only charge when it is turned off when using rechargeable batteries. Is there a DC voltage input for say powering it from vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.