BCD536HP & NJICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Looking for help as the memory structure on the new Uniden's is confusing.

I am trying to look for a way to get the NJICS only from the the "National Database" into a single
quick Favorite list.

Same thing for Somerset County.

I have in the radio and on the Sentinel S\W the data but it seems rather cumbersome to delete the many systems I do not want to only end up with the few I want?

Any early adopters have any suggestions. Thanks.

Sybex7254

Simply Create a Favorite List for NJICS and the either delete or set to Avoid the sites that are either out of your range or you don't care to have the scanner waste time trying to scan if you cannot pick up their control channels.

Also it has been mentioned in a different thread that if you live in an area and can receive multiple sites, that you try and set up each separately so that you are hearing all the potential traffic/talkgroups.

Lastly make sure you modify the Service Groups after each upload to the scanner. I've noticed that the BCD536HP resets the group to the default setting and I have to re-activate any that I want to hear if I make a change or update. Perhaps this will be fixed in the next Firmware release.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Thank-you, I am on the roll now! Great tip on Service Groups, I see that as a problem if unknown.

Separate sites too as I hear New Brunswick, Mountainside and West Orange.

Bit of an adjustment from the 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.