BCD536HP "Nothing to scan" what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfootbuilt

I'm usually pretty savvy with this, but I have had this unit for a week and cannot figure out why conventional freq's I set with Sentinel won't scan. It is a simple conventional system of amateur radio channels divided into 2 counties. It goes like this...

FL = Amateur Radio (QK4)
System = Spartanburg (QK0)
Dept = Amateur Radio (QK none)
Channels.............(QK none)
System = Greenville (QK1)
Dept = Amateur radio (QK none)
Channels.............(QK none)
Yes, I have monitoring set to "ON" in the profile. I do not have location based scanning enabled. I'm having issues with other systems as well. I enable QK4 and nothing scans. I enable QK 4.0 and nothing scans. I enable QK4.1 and nothing scans. I double-checked that the frequencies within the channels are there. What else am I missing here? Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The appropriate Service Types need to be enabled as well. Is "HAM" turned on?

Bigfootbuilt

Thanks for the reply. I don't use location based scanning. I thought the system check boxes were only for location based scanning? If I never use location based scanning, do I still need to checkmark it? I so, should I just go ahead and checkmark everything since I never used location-based scan?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The link below is a good checklist to work through possible causes for "Nothing to Scan".

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/283404-x36-nothing-scan-checklist.html

If you do not wish to use Location Control for this Favorites List, confirm the Location Control is set to NO. This is found by using Sentinel to edit the Favorites List, then cleck on the Options tab in the right pane.

That means the Favorites List will be on regardless of where your scanner is located. There are other circumstances that could result in the FL not being scanned, such as Avoids, Quick Keys Off, Service Types not enabled, etc.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I don't use location based scanning. I thought the system check boxes were only for location based scanning? If I never use location based scanning, do I still need to checkmark it? I so, should I just go ahead and checkmark everything since I never used location-based scan?

See it it's working , but service types are just another filter .

movinon

Premium Subscriber
So Many "don't work" switches......lol
I struggled with that also glad you figured it out.
I put TAFB in a favorite list and nothing to scan.....yuk...I finally realized I had not turned MILITARY...
The you tube videos help a lot also.

Status
Not open for further replies.