BCD536HP: Nothing to Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAD

Hello. I have been searching different forums for days now. I followed all the steps indicated but still no luck. I want to only scan my favorite list. First I get the 'Nothing to Scan' screen on my scanner. When I press the 'CHANNEL' button, my FL pops up but still it doesn't scan. I think the issue is with not having my FL # displayed next to S0 on the second line (see pic attached). My FL are 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4. I have set all these to ON under 'Service Types' and 'Select Lists to Monitor' respectively but still not displayed next to S0. Could you please help? Thanks.IMG_1038.jpgIMG_1039.jpgIMG_1040.jpg

Ubbe

The F: and S: only show what quick keys you have programmed. The F: are the favorite lists and you have programmed quick key 09 to one favorite list and S: shows that one system have been programmed with quick key 00. They quick keys has nothing to do with what favorite lists you are scanning and you do not need to use them.

Just check in the scanners menu that you have each favorite list and systems enabled and also that the service types that are possible to enable are that, and that any location control are turned off.

The FL startup key are something totally different, a setup of favorite lists that will change depending on what button you keep pressed while the scanner powers on. It will disable other favorite lists that do not belong to that start up key. Try to disable all start up keys and set to off as it otherwise will disable favorite lists at each power on that you probably want to monitor and you will have to manually enable them in the scanners menu at each power on.

/Ubbe

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Visual follow-up to Ubbe post based on your original post and pictures. Screen shots from Sentinel and Proscan on a SDS100, but no difference for the 200 other than my details will be different than yours, but the concepts are the same. I'm assuming you manually created the Favorites List and in that case the last picture is important as the service type of 'custom 1' is assigned and not usually selected.
Good Luck!
No specific order, click for bigger view.

ProscanScreen.png
QuickKeySelected.png
ScanSelected.png
ServiceTypeSelected.png

ASAD

I turned off start up keys. Now it's scanning one out of four systems. Please see picture. Only 0 blinks, which means the scanner is scanning FL 0, but it doesn't jump to 1, 2 or 3. Any further suggestions on how to include 1, 2 and 3 for scan?IMG_1042.jpg

freqseeker

I turned off start up keys. Now it's scanning one out of four systems. Please see picture. Only 0 blinks, which means the scanner is scanning FL 0, but it doesn't jump to 1, 2 or 3. Any further suggestions on how to include 1, 2 and 3 for scan?View attachment 91950
You will need to go into the menu> set scan selection> select lists to monitor, then make sure favorite lists 0, 1, 2, 3 are set to on. Back out of menu or press avoid to start scanning. Assuming quick keys are set up correctly you can press 1 enter, 2 enter, etc to toggle the lists on and off.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
This is where I'm not the best at using all the functionality of scanning or explaining. In my example I don't assign numbers to items in my Favorites List so my "S0:" is just a line of dashes on the radio unlike how Proscan shows a blank line. They are System, Dept/Site and Channel and have a column for Quick Key and/or Number Tag all set to "none" for me. I have always found using Quick Key for Favorites List was good enough for me to turn a Favorites List on or off from the keypad.

freqseekers posted while I am typing, his post may be helpful too.

ASAD

You will need to go into the menu> set scan selection> select lists to monitor, then make sure favorite lists 0, 1, 2, 3 are set to on. Back out of menu or press avoid to start scanning. Assuming quick keys are set up correctly you can press 1 enter, 2 enter, etc to toggle the lists on and off.
'Select lists to monitor' is already set to on. I remember from an old RadioShack scanner that pressing 1, 2, 3 toggles between lists. On this scanner when I press anything other than zero, the scanner displays 'Quick Key Navigation' (plz see 2nd pic), in which case E yes key doesn't function. Is it possible to download my profile from Sentinel and share with you if you could fix it? I would appreciate your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 31

freqseeker

Are all four favorites selected to on? If they are on there will be an asterisk in F0 assuming a quick key is assigned but selected off. If not selected to monitor ON then there will be a dash. F0: 0**3*----- shows quick key 0 and 3 are monitored (or on), quick keys 1, 2, and 4 have their quick key turned off. The rest of the lines show the favorite is selected off.
Bottom line make sure all four are selected to monitor on. I can only see Pakistan in your picture. The other possibility is we may be talking different terms. I am referring to favorite lists.

Ubbe

Go into the menu on the scanner. Scroll down to manage favorites and push the dial or E button. There you have all your favorite lists. Select one and push the dial or E button and select Set FL Quick Key. Select 1 and push the dial or E button. Then push menu button a couple of times until you come to the Select Favorite menu and select next favorite list and set that to quick key 2. Continue with other FL lists.

If other favorite list are not found in the menu then you have to use Sentinel to mark them for download in the Profile setting. In Sentinel you can also set the Quick keys for each favorite list.

Now you have that old style of bank selection, press 1 to set favorite list 1 on or off and 2 for FL list 2, and so on.

/Ubbe

tvengr

Well Known Member
In the profile, make sure that both Download and Monitor are enabled for the favorites lists. Download sends the list to the scanner. The list will be locked out in the scanner if Monitor is not enabled. If you go to Select Lists to Monitor in the scanner menu, the list will show Off and must be turned on to scan.

ASAD

In the profile, make sure that both Download and Monitor are enabled for the favorites lists. Download sends the list to the scanner. The list will be locked out in the scanner if Monitor is not enabled. If you go to Select Lists to Monitor in the scanner menu, the list will show Off and must be turned on to scan.
I have already downloaded and turned on monitor. Please see the screen shot from Sentinel. The issue still persists.

Attachments

• scanner 1.jpg
    scanner 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 22

ASAD

Are all four favorites selected to on? If they are on there will be an asterisk in F0 assuming a quick key is assigned but selected off. If not selected to monitor ON then there will be a dash. F0: 0**3*----- shows quick key 0 and 3 are monitored (or on), quick keys 1, 2, and 4 have their quick key turned off. The rest of the lines show the favorite is selected off.
Bottom line make sure all four are selected to monitor on. I can only see Pakistan in your picture. The other possibility is we may be talking different terms. I am referring to favorite lists.
Since I am outside the US, I created a FL for Pakistan. Then Inside the FL are systems and departments. Please see the screen shot from Sentinel and correct me if I am wrong.

Attachments

• scanner 2.jpg
    scanner 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 23

ASAD

Go into the menu on the scanner. Scroll down to manage favorites and push the dial or E button. There you have all your favorite lists. Select one and push the dial or E button and select Set FL Quick Key. Select 1 and push the dial or E button. Then push menu button a couple of times until you come to the Select Favorite menu and select next favorite list and set that to quick key 2. Continue with other FL lists.

If other favorite list are not found in the menu then you have to use Sentinel to mark them for download in the Profile setting. In Sentinel you can also set the Quick keys for each favorite list.

Now you have that old style of bank selection, press 1 to set favorite list 1 on or off and 2 for FL list 2, and so on.

/Ubbe
I got only one FL for which QK is 0. Then there are 4 systems in that FL; 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4. The scanner is only picking up system 0 for scan, the rest are not scanned, that's the problem. When in the scan mode, pressing any key other than zero doesn't function. Any idea what's going on?

tvengr

Well Known Member
While scanning the favorites list, press the decimal point and then the system quick key number to toggle a system on and off. Start with the decimal point and then 1 to enable system 1 and then do the same to the remaining systems with the decimal point and their system quick key numbers.

Ubbe

You have to enable the systems as well and if you wish to see them on the display if they are enabled or disabled you add quick keys to them the same way as for FL.

Go into the menu on the scanner. Scroll down to manage favorites and push the dial or E button. Select your FL and then Review/Edit System.
Then select a system and then Edit Sys Option.
Set the a Quick number. Go to Set Avoid and set to Stop Avoiding.
Do the same for all Systems.

Then back out of the menu a couple of times untill you see Edit Department and select your different departments.
There you set a Quick Key if you wish but also check that the Avoid are stopped for each department.
Back out of the menu until you come to the Main menu and go into Select Service Types and see that it is enabled for the types you use, it will be Custom 1 as default for the ones you program manually.

Now read the scanner using Sentinel and it will say that Pakistan is different than on the PC. Select toCopy with New Name and choose something like New Pakistan. Now you have both your old programming and the new one available to you.

/Ubbe

ASAD

While scanning the favorites list, press the decimal point and then the system quick key number to toggle a system on and off. Start with the decimal point and then 1 to enable system 1 and then do the same to the remaining systems with the decimal point and their system quick key numbers.
When the system numbers are displayed on the scanner LCD, it means these are already set to 'ON' position. When it's set as OFF, the scanner will display * there (plz see the pic) by pressing .1. I toggled all the system numbers ON and OFF, the scanner is still scanning system 0 only. It just won't jump to sytem 1, 2, or 3. Should I call Uniden?

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 17

ASAD

You have to enable the systems as well and if you wish to see them on the display if they are enabled or disabled you add quick keys to them the same way as for FL.

Go into the menu on the scanner. Scroll down to manage favorites and push the dial or E button. Select your FL and then Review/Edit System.
Then select a system and then Edit Sys Option.
Set the a Quick number. Go to Set Avoid and set to Stop Avoiding.
Do the same for all Systems.

Then back out of the menu a couple of times untill you see Edit Department and select your different departments.
There you set a Quick Key if you wish but also check that the Avoid are stopped for each department.
Back out of the menu until you come to the Main menu and go into Select Service Types and see that it is enabled for the types you use, it will be Custom 1 as default for the ones you program manually.

Now read the scanner using Sentinel and it will say that Pakistan is different than on the PC. Select toCopy with New Name and choose something like New Pakistan. Now you have both your old programming and the new one available to you.

/Ubbe
I have already assigned QK to the systems, which are displayed on the LCD next to S0:. In regards to Avoid, I am not avoiding anything. As for service type, I have replaced custom 1 with the drop down list in Sentinel. All the relevant types are set to ON.
Something is outsmarting me. The scanner is only scanning system 0. Others are ignored while set to ON position.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
I have the 436 handheld; even if I have a system # on and it shows on the display; if I go to Review/Edit System on the 436, then push enter, scroll to your system # press enter, there is a menu for Edit Sys Option. Push enter for Edit Sys Option and where it says Set Avoid, make sure that menu is set to stop avoiding. If I have the system # on and that Set Avoid menu is set to Temporary or Permanent Avoid for that system #, even though showing on the display, that system # will not scan.

Rich - N3VMY - KAG0096

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you have location control turned on, you have to populate the location coordinates and service radius for every site and department, or they will not be scanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.