BCD536HP on Milair 225-400

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok after a long programming process I got a decent list into the scanner and tried it out on the Red Flag in progress at NAFB. This scanner is every bit as good as the bct-15x on milair. Caveat you have to set a few things up first. Every channel you program has to have a delay of 0 sec and service set to military. I don't like the sentinel software for not allowing you to change the column for all your channels instead you have to change every channel setting each. Ok so after all that it does a great job on milair. Like I said if you leave the default delay to 2 sec you will miss alot so be sure to set to 0 sec. Thumbs up for Military Airband BCD536HP!!

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting your findings.. I was wondering how well it did. Keeping up with the BCT-15 or even a 780 XL is a pretty tall order. I assume the 436 would be close in performance?

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Ok after a long programming process I got a decent list into the scanner and tried it out on the Red Flag in progress at NAFB. This scanner is every bit as good as the bct-15x on milair. Caveat you have to set a few things up first. Every channel you program has to have a delay of 0 sec and service set to military. I don't like the sentinel software for not allowing you to change the column for all your channels instead you have to change every channel setting each. Ok so after all that it does a great job on milair. Like I said if you leave the default delay to 2 sec you will miss alot so be sure to set to 0 sec. Thumbs up for Military Airband BCD536HP!!

One short cut I was told about: change one setting, right click and copy that setting, highlight the channels you want to change, right click again and hit paste. It SHOULD change all those tot he setting you want. I have done it on mine.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I won't be getting rid of my 780XLT any time soon, but I'm happy with the results I've had on Mil-Air as well.

airwolfbell222

Premium Subscriber
Good to hear the 536 is decent in milair as my 2 436HPs are not very good, my PSR800 does a better job and the 800 is not that great.

One tip for recording is to set the channels to analog as oppose to digital or both. If you set the channel to digital or both, the radio misses the first half second or so as it searches for a tone squelch.

Status
Not open for further replies.