BCD536HP recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Connect as Mass Storage. Drag the files from the \BCDx36HP\audio\user_rec\(DATE) directory and drop them into a directory of your choosing.

(DATE) is the date-named folder where your recordings are stored.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
???

Am I correct that you can get only audio and now video of the recordings?

Since the original transmissions do not have video (this is a radio, not a TV), none of the recordings will have any video, either.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
Sorry poor choice of words. Show the display with the original information of the recordings. User, TGID, UIDs, etc.

JamesO

You can use Media Monkey to play back the recordings.

You need to go to Tools and Disable Cross Fading

You will see the Date, Time, System, TG by Name, not sure if you can expand out and see TGID or UID??

Windows Media Player would be another option as well.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you've copied and pasted the recordings from your scanner to a folder on your computer, using Windows Explorer can reveal some of the information noted above. I believe it comes from the file headers.

The System Name is in the Contributing Artists column.
The Department Name is in the Genre column.
The Channel Name is in the Title column.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I was of the belief that most of the metadata in the x36 WAV files is in fields not supported by MM. That was my experience when trying to decipher 436 files early after the 436 was released.

I also believe that the x36 audio files have some issues being played back due to non-standard headers. Only certain players like VLC which can handle lots of non-standard formats can handle them.

User theaton made an Excel workbook that pulls all the metadata (and optionally renames and sorts your WAV files) using macros: http://forums.radioreference.com/un...free-software-bcdx36hp-wav-header-reader.html

JamesO

Not sure I have tried any x36HP files yet on MM? Assumed they would be the same formate as the HP1E.

I know for sure I have played some of my HP1E files via MM.

If I get a chance I will try to play some of my 436HP recordings with MM and see what happens.

JamesO

WTF, just imported a folder from my 436HP, seems that the Tags are pretty much there, but I have the same version of MM and no audio. MM seems to step though the files, but silence.

What the heck did Uniden do here on the X36HP?? Same version MM works on my HP1E files no issue.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There's a subtle difference in the header if you look at it with a text or hex editor. I may try to hex-edit a file and see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: What I was aiming to do doesn't work. Having said that, VLC plays the x36HP files fine, but that means playing them one-at-a-time from Windows Explorer rather than playing them with all the metadata (fields) visible in MM.

I think perhaps the header data for the x36HP files is not quite up to the WAVE spec and VLC is just lenient on playing them back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.