BCD536HP - restart bug found

Status
Not open for further replies.

apcofan

Hi!

This message is directed mainly to UPman, but maybe others had similar issue. Problem is described as follows: radio is scanning in memory or custom search mode and I want to switch it to quick search mode by holding scan and entering frequency manually.. frequency is entered and then I am accepting it by "channel" button and... if frequency that I have manually entered is occupied by DMR tranmission, scanner initiates restart. I am using latest firmware and this problem wasn`t solved by last and previous official updates. Anyone had similar issue?

PS.
Is it possible to show dmr transmission details in custom search mode just exactly as it works in quick search mode?

Regards, apcofan.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for this update
I've been having restart issues, hope they issue a fix soon
It's not so much the rebooting, it stops the recording mode on restart

Hi!

This message is directed mainly to UPman, but maybe others had similar issue. Problem is described as follows: radio is scanning in memory or custom search mode and I want to switch it to quick search mode by holding scan and entering frequency manually.. frequency is entered and then I am accepting it by "channel" button and... if frequency that I have manually entered is occupied by DMR tranmission, scanner initiates restart. I am using latest firmware and this problem wasn`t solved by last and previous official updates. Anyone had similar issue?

PS.
Is it possible to show dmr transmission details in custom search mode just exactly as it works in quick search mode?

Regards, apcofan.

Ubbe

radio is scanning in memory or custom search mode and I want to switch it to quick search mode by holding scan and entering frequency manually.. frequency is entered and then I am accepting it by "channel" button and... if frequency that I have manually entered is occupied by DMR tranmission, scanner initiates restart.

I'm not sure of what you are doing, to me it looks as if you manually enter a frequency to monitor, not quick searching.

I often manually enter a frequency to monitor (CHANNEL-xxx.xxxx-CHANNEL) during scan and it's mostly a DMR frequency. I never had any problems with it running the different FW versions.

/Ubbe

gariac

This bug has been around for a long time and keeps getting rediscovered well....because Uniden doesn't fix it.

I started a thread on this only to find out it was related to a reboot. In my case, I would park on a DMR channel using HOLD as part of the custom search. The idea was to gather "intel" on the frequency. I would turn the volume to zero and just let the radio soak it in. Then in the middle of the night I would hear security guards on the scanner! (AH I'm hearing voices...oh wait...it is the scanner!) After a reboot, the scanner changes it's volume to mid-scale, but does return to the same frequency.

Worse of all, if you set up the scanner to record, after the reboot, it is no longer recording. I've had this problem for a while, way before DMR. I figured maybe it was me, like I didn't set up the recording properly. Old age, forgetfulness, big foot, space aliens... I had no clue how it got reset. It wasn't until I turned the volume to zero and then the scanner came alive that I knew there was a firmware bug.

Ubbe

This doesn't look like that "monitor one frequency for ages will trigger reboot" issue.

" frequency is entered and then I am accepting it by "channel" button and... if frequency that I have manually entered is occupied by DMR tranmission, scanner initiates restart."

/Ubbe

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Problem is described as follows: radio is scanning in memory or custom search mode and I want to switch it to quick search mode by holding scan and entering frequency manually.. frequency is entered and then I am accepting it by "channel" button and... if frequency that I have manually entered is occupied by DMR tranmission, scanner initiates restart. I am using latest firmware and this problem wasn`t solved by last and previous official updates. Anyone had similar issue?

I tested this today on my BCD536HP, and I am not able to reproduce your issue. I press Channel to hold scan, type in the active DMR frequency and press Channel. In my case, no reboot. The scanner tunes to the frequency and DMR audio is decoded. I attempted this from both scanning and custom search. I also tested turning to different active frequencies (460mhz and 900mhz frequencies) with the same results. My scanner is a BCD536HP with 1.11.20 firmware.

Just to clarify, I want to make sure I am not missing any steps in the repro. Please let me know if there are additional steps or variables.

You might want to rule out a faulty SD card, by trying another. Faulty SD cards are causing a lot of bizarre issues.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
PS.

Regards, apcofan.

I tested this too. If you program a name for your custom search, it will not display all the information. Delete the name and accept the default name you will get info on System, site, talkgroup, and UID. This is similar to programming a DMR freq as conventional as you need to delete the name and use the default name in order to display the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.