BCD536HP Reviewing Close Call Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

number6

I've been running Close Call Only mode on my BCD536HP for a few days now and have collected some things I want to review and note for later inclusion somewhere somehow etc. OK, both the regular manufacturer-provided and easier-to-read BCDX36HP manuals tell me to press DEPT, then scroll the list of departments until I come to "Close Call Hits" (or "Hits with Scan", if I were using that mode), then I believe I'm supposed to press DEPT again twice quickly to hold on that department so I can review the hits. Odd thing, neither of those two departments are in the list that shows when I press DEPT--only the department's I'm currently scanning. Did I forget to do something to cause these hits to actually be stored? I know that if I turn power off, I'll lose the hits, so can I plug the USB cable in while the thing is running so I can read from the radio and get my hit list that way?

Thanks in advance to whomsoever knows how to do this and replies.

number6

As follow-up on the previous message, I plugged the USB cable into the radio, and wonder of wonders, it didn't crash. I got the usual welcome screen you get where must select mass storage mode, which I did. I then downloaded the contents of the radio to a new profile and favorites list, then examined what I got. It appears that the "Hits with Scan" and "Close Call Hits" departments are *NOT* saved to the SD card because they weren't downloaded to the computer. Instead, a new department called DEPARTMENT0001 with no channels in it *was* downloaded. Bottom line: I still can't find or access Close Call Hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.