BCD536HP - Scanning Just 1 Favorite Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyN2KI

Premium Subscriber
I spent the better part of a day setting up a 536HP. I understand and am able to select a particular channel using the syntax (ie "Channel 1.2.147 Channel) which will allow me to listen to a specific programmed frequency. But how do I monitor a specific favorite list? For example, lets say that all the Air Band frequencies are in Favorite List #2. What is the keying sequence to just have the scanner monitor Favorite List #2? I was achieving this from the opposite end by deactivating everything but what I wanted to hear. Seems there should be a simpler way. Thanks for the assistance.

Anthony - N2KI

TonyN2KI

Premium Subscriber
When you set up your Favorites did you set them to DOWNLOAD and MONITOR in Sentinel.
View attachment 112677
I do not understand how this will affect me being able to selectively listen to a single bank? They are already obtainable, but much like the way you would deactivate a favorite to be monitored, is there a way to select it to listen to it solely. Rather than having to deselect all the other banks and leaving one the bank you want to listen to.

TonyN2KI

Premium Subscriber
Assign a quick key to each favorites list. To toggle a favorites list on and off, press the quick key number on the keypad followed by E.
I have done that. However, is there a way to monitor a single favorite list, and how do I invoke that? I do not want to have to deactivate the 15 or 20 favorite banks to leave just the bank I want to hear.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
the 536 doesnt use banks, it uses scan lists....

Build a scan list with only what you want to listen to and call it "my favs" and scan that one only.

the longer you play around trying to program what you want you will learn how to operate the scanner.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Using Sentinel, the startup configuration keys for each favorites list can be selected in the favorites list editor under the Options tab for the favorites list. It can also be done in the scanner menu under Manage Favorites and Select Favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.