BCD536HP Sentennial software help

Status
Not open for further replies.

katt02

Katt
Hi all; Scanner newbie here!

So I recently had to program multiple BCD536HP scanners for myself and some friends, and I am confused in the sentennial software. I have tried to watch the videos and documentation with no luck on answering this: How do I transfer and download favorites and databases to the scanner? I have a computer that I tried to connect with the serial port but the software only lets me use the microSD card. Do I have to use the microSD card or is there a setting I can change to use the serial port?

Sorry if this post was posted before,
Katt

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
When you write a favorites list to these scanners you are always writing to the SD card. The scanner then loads this favorites list into memory each time it boots up. You never actually write directly to the scanner itslef, always the SD card.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi all; Scanner newbie here!

So I recently had to program multiple BCD536HP scanners for myself and some friends, and I am confused in the sentennial software. I have tried to watch the videos and documentation with no luck on answering this: How do I transfer and download favorites and databases to the scanner? I have a computer that I tried to connect with the serial port but the software only lets me use the microSD card. Do I have to use the microSD card or is there a setting I can change to use the serial port?

Sorry if this post was posted before,
Katt
When you connect the scanner to the PC, with the USB cable, do you get the prompt to select Mass Storage mode?
If not, then either the cable is defective, or the PC is not recognizing the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.