BCD536HP Simulcast "Squelch Tail"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Its happening to me too. Not right off the bat though. It takes a little time till it gets so obnoxious that I have to power the scanner off and on again.

This issue needs to be moved to the very top of Uniden's "TO-DO" list, IMHO!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Disapointed

Simulcast and Analog trunked systems only?

Is the power off/on resetting the problem for everyone?

The power off has temporarily fixed this at times. Now it is not. Neither is the upload to scanner.

This is a great scanner, but I think Uniden has made it too difficult to program and operate.

Many of these will wind up on ebay, maybe even mine. I may even consider Whistler's offerings in the future.

tommypierson

The power off has temporarily fixed this at times. Now it is not. Neither is the upload to scanner.

This is a great scanner, but I think Uniden has made it too difficult to program and operate.

Many of these will wind up on ebay, maybe even mine. I may even consider Whistler's offerings in the future.

Ditto on the program and operate.

It's looking like Uniden rushed these x36 scanners out the door without doing proper testing.

It sure does seem that way =(

1Partsman

the power off and power on did not seem to help for me.....I seem to be getting an occasional burst on the end of UHF......especially on 460.025......but it is not annoying like trunking analog.....

John

oracavon

I've had similar probems with the x96xt scanners in the past on conventional channels with 'Quiet tails', where the CTCSS tone drops 100mS or so before the carrier. In a 'real' radio, the squelch closes as soon as the CTCSS tone cuts out, eliminating the squelch burst completely. Its never worked on the Uniden scanners though because the Uniden tone decoders are so slow to react.

Actually, it does work on my BC780XLT. I have some local stations (conventional analog) with this issue. My 996XT has a squelch tail on those channels even when using CTCSS, but my 780XLT has no squelch tail on those same channels when using CTCSS. If they could get it right in the 780, there is no reason that that shouldn't be able to get it right in later models.

Boatanchor

Actually, it does work on my BC780XLT. I have some local stations (conventional analog) with this issue. My 996XT has a squelch tail on those channels even when using CTCSS, but my 780XLT has no squelch tail on those same channels when using CTCSS. If they could get it right in the 780, there is no reason that that shouldn't be able to get it right in later models.

Hmm, thanks. I've never owned the 780XLT. Many people say they were one of the finest analogue scanner ever made too :(

Last edited:

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello, thanks for the thread, having the same problems here with my 536 in Metro NJ mainly on the analog systems, as reported some freqs do it and other don't.

Skip_Wilson

Premium Subscriber
It's Worse

Listening to the 536 and a BCD996T side by side and its getting worse for sure. Hanging on a local system that NEVER had a problem. Hoping for a fix.... Should have remembered the hassles of hurry up purchases of the BC245XLT back in the day....

SDavis90

Mine is doing this too. I primarily listen to a local analog trunked system. It reminds me of a 1950's black and white show where they are talking on the radio and you hear that chunk of static at the end when they let off the mic button...396XT never does this. NEVER.

I beg you.....Pllleeeease fix this Uniden!!!!!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
This has got to be rectified, it's EXTREMELY annoying. I tested my radio a soon as I received it (no firmware update) and it didn't do this, I updated my FW and it now does it. Whether or not the factory FW exhibits this or not I don't know, but it didn't do it during the initial 20 minute power-up until after I updated the FW.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Hope so. I've noticed the squelch tail can be reduced to the point of sounding more like a conventional clear squelch channel - if you set end code to ignore as others have mentioned.

This does help...but it still ain't right. :D

county

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys - You're seeing this issue on Moto analog trunking I take it?

I'm having a similar issue with EDACS where I believe the fundamental problem is EOT detect. EDACS repeaters stay up for a couple seconds after the end of the mobile transmission, with a series of trailing beeps.. I often hear ALL of beep #1 which is easily .5-.75 seconds after end-of-transmission.

I started a thread here specifically for the EDACS issue: http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ong-trailing-edacs-beep-end-transmission.html

Where is the end code detect mode? I'm not finding that anywhere in the system or site properties but perhaps that's a Moto thing only.

Anyhow, power cycle didn't improve this issue just like has been reported. It seems to degrade over time.

I remember the first-gen 396 in 2005 had this issue with EDACS and in fact it would often catch all EDACS beeps with audio staying open all the way through the repeater dropout. This was fixed quite nicely with a firmware update, so as annoying as this is, I wouldn't fret too much, I'm sure this matter will get solved.

markjrenna

I am getting a squelch burst at the end of each transmission.

My 780XLT does not do this but my new BCD436HP does. My issue is just like WISCOMM's video.

I am only listening to Verona, NJ and they are EDACS.

Squelch has no effect so there is an issue and this needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.