BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD536HP Single Channel DMR Ignoring Slot Assignment

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else seeing an issue with the BCD536HP on a single frequency DMR system, where the two "channels" share a TGID but are differentiated by a slot assignment? Even though I have 2 channels specifically assigned to a TDMA slot, the scanner will still behave as if "any" is selected and stop on either slot. I know this works properly on my SDS100 and 200, but not on the 536HP. At first I thought it was an issue with ProScan because it was logging multiple values, but in working with Bob, looking at the data stream and closely watching this one system, the scanner is not abiding by the slot assignment.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else seeing an issue with the BCD536HP on a single frequency DMR system, where the two "channels" share a TGID but are differentiated by a slot assignment? Even though I have 2 channels specifically assigned to a TDMA slot, the scanner will still behave as if "any" is selected and stop on either slot. I know this works properly on my SDS100 and 200, but not on the 536HP. At first I thought it was an issue with ProScan because it was logging multiple values, but in working with Bob, looking at the data stream and closely watching this one system, the scanner is not abiding by the slot assignment.
Change the system to DMR One Frequency Trunk, you can then assign slots to coincide with the channel assignments as well as any talk groups.

Talk group 1/Slot-1 could be Police for example.
Talk group 1/Slot-2 could be Fire for example.

Other talk groups could be utilized if necessary depending on how it's set up.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Change the system to DMR One Frequency Trunk, you can then assign slots to coincide with the channel assignments as well as any talk groups.

Talk group 1/Slot-1 could be Police for example.
Talk group 1/Slot-2 could be Fire for example.

Other talk groups could be utilized if necessary depending on how it's set up.
This is precisely how it's setup, yet the behavior is inconsistent. I even tried assigning each of the two channels to different departments, then creating entirely different one frequency trunked systems, each with only the one channel assigned (TDMA slot as well).

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This is precisely how it's setup, yet the behavior is inconsistent. I even tried assigning each of the two channels to different departments, then creating entirely different one frequency trunked systems, each with only the one channel assigned (TDMA slot as well).
I just reread that it works on the SDS 100, so that is confusing too.

gary123

Using the same TG and a different slot for different users is sloppy system programming.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Using the same TG and a different slot for different users is sloppy system programming.
Well, I believe it is a Fisher Price "My First DMR" system (actually RCA, so pretty close) using TGID 10242960 and different slots. It works fine in practice, but the 536 is getting tripped up for some reason.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What I saw on the BCD536HP was the returned data of a particular TGID showed SetSlot="Slot 2" but the RecSlot was randomly showing "Slot 1", "Slot 2", or "Slot None". If the firmware is up to date then Uniden and @JoeBearcat should be made aware.

Regarding ProScan, do the SDSx00 scanners using the same system work with the logging, prior to the test version I sent you? ProScan attempts to match the TGID and system on trunking systems and doesn't try using the frequency and slot # for matching.

Ubbe

Small radio shops are sometimes replacing a conventional system using several analog CTCSS channels with a digital DMR system and then treat the slots as the old channels and use the TG as the old CTCSS function. It makes it easier for the shop to comprehend how DMR functions.

/Ubbe

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
What I saw on the BCD536HP was the returned data of a particular TGID showed SetSlot="Slot 2" but the RecSlot was randomly showing "Slot 1", "Slot 2", or "Slot None". If the firmware is up to date then Uniden and @JoeBearcat should be made aware.

Regarding ProScan, do the SDSx00 scanners using the same system work with the logging, prior to the test version I sent you? ProScan attempts to match the TGID and system on trunking systems and doesn't try using the frequency and slot # for matching.
This particular unit stays at the shore and I use it remotely, so I'll bring a 200 down with me and log the system behavior when I go back down in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all your help!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
This particular unit stays at the shore and I use it remotely, so I'll bring a 200 down with me and log the system behavior when I go back down in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all your help!
Since you're using the SDS200 remotely, you can monitor the data now . Same steps:, Turn on the 'Scanner Data to Scanner Data.txt File' option. I suspect the SDS200 has the same problem as the BCD536HP with the rec slot randomly showing 1, 2, or none

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Since you're using the SDS200 remotely, you can monitor the data now . Same steps:, Turn on the 'Scanner Data to Scanner Data.txt File' option. I suspect the SDS200 has the same problem as the BCD536HP with the rec slot randomly showing 1, 2, or none
The 200 is with me at home - the 536 stays down there for remote monitoring. I live about 40 miles away so there's no possibly way to pickup that traffic from here.