BCD536HP vs BCD996P2 vs SDS200 which for my specific application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Its called Stridsbergs 1 1 in 4 out feeding 3 1 in 8 outs I have Pictures if you care to look
The Correct Current Scanner List all in use.
785D 1
BC15 2
BC15X 2
996p2 10
536 7
SDS200 1
325p2 2
436 2
SDS100 2
TRX-2 1
TRX-1 1
RS-pro18
RS-pro668
RS-pro197

Yes, pictures please!

jimbrogers

Premium Subscriber
Have a HP1, 536HP, SDS200 and happy with all three.
I just hope someday soon I can move somewhere where everything is in the clear, and not governed by a fricking HOA.
Big mistake for large property and quiet rural living.
If I could just get an antenna outside, I would be in glory.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Here is 16 in one Rack

Some of those look familiar! :whistle:

I was hoping to see the multicouplers and all the cables. I did catch a glimpse of them in the back of one picture. Everything is so nice and clean! (y)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Some of those look familiar! :whistle:

I was hoping to see the multicouplers and all the cables. I did catch a glimpse of them in the back of one picture. Everything is so nice and clean! (y)

MStep

Its called Stridsbergs 1 1 in 4 out feeding 3 1 in 8 outs I have Pictures if you care to look
The Correct Current Scanner List all in use.
785D 1
BC15 2
BC15X 2
996p2 10
536 7
SDS200 1
325p2 2
436 2
SDS100 2
TRX-2 1
TRX-1 1
RS-pro18
RS-pro668
RS-pro197

Yes, post a link to pictures for sure.

MStep

You must either be a bachelor or have a very understanding wife !!! I'm lucky to have some steel stairs leading out to the back yard of my apartment--- enough space for 6 or 7 magnetic antennas. Before the building went condo, I had three discones at 10, 20 and 30 feet back there. Plus one of the roof, about 60 feet up. As soon as the building went condo, those discones had to go.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I am 63 NO CHILDREN NO GRANDCHILDREN. With a Happy well taken care of wife that does not have to work.
I work 90 Hours a week 56 Fulltime Firefighter 32 hours a week Security Tech Burg Fire CCTV Access Control Passed my 2nd CLASS GENERAL RADIOTELEPHONE when I was 19 waiting to be old enough to work as a Fulltime Fire Fighter waited till I was 25 for the local opening.

MStep

Well God Bless You. You're a lucky man, but you know that. In any event, I still contend that my 536 performs a bit better than my 200, which I think what started this part of the thread. I do not question for a moment that your results may be different-- like I said, maybe I got a bum SDS200. But I am happy with both radios nonetheless.

Was it Frank Sinatra, or someone else that said, at the end of it all, when all is said and done and we are ready to meet our maker, he who has the most toys wins?

Last edited:

MStep

Do you have ATTIC Space ? Rich has done a great job with multiple Antennas in the Attic?

If that was directed to me--- I know Rich Carlson from MANY years back. Unfortunately, I am on the first floor of a 5 story walk-up "tenement" type building in midtown Manhattan. I have a great shared backyard, and once the building "went condo" many years ago, I lost a lot of ability to mount antennas, primarily due to HOA regulations.

salado

Premium Subscriber
BCD996p2 Does have a RECORD OUT JACK
But make sure you have the option checked in programing software for each system to "Record", "All channels" or "marked channels" or else you wont hear anything in that system via the REC out jack.
If you do "marked channels" then you have to check mark each channel in the record Column you want piped out through the REC out jack.
Rec out.JPG

Rec channel.JPG

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone here tired to access the signal level circuit/components and tapped off an external conventional meter to vastly improve on that miniature 4 or 5 bar indicator? (Bill Cheek style)

Status
Not open for further replies.