BCD536HP WiFi App

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
I got tired of waiting for Uniden to release their app, so I created my own.
Right now it works on windows and provides some remote control and display of the scanner over WiFi.
I set it up to be used on a Winbook, which is a small 8" tablet suitable for mounting in your car. I got the 32GB one, but it may work on the 16GB one.

I was going to use Proscan, but the display is too small to be seen while driving.
This app lets me see who is talking and lets me control audio.
I don't have it packaged for deployment, so you will need to install Python 3.4 and PyQt4 on your PC or tablet.

It's still a work in progress but if anyone else wants to try it, email me at mycallsign@ameriitech.net.

N8JJ

alwayslookin

Email sent. I would like to try it, But got an error response back from email saying. DNS Error: Address resolution of ameriitech.net. failed: Domain name not found

Do you have another email or way for me to try this?
Thanks.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Email sent. I would like to try it, But got an error response back from email saying. DNS Error: Address resolution of ameriitech.net. failed: Domain name not found

Do you have another email or way for me to try this?
Thanks.

Did you manually enter his callsign in the email address as indicated? This is done to cut down on spam.

SCPD

QRT
No copied link then pasted. I will try manually now. Thanks for the advice.

Domain is probably ameritech.net NOT ameriitech.net as his listed.

Ameritech (ameritech.net) was one of the seven Regional Bell companies. It was acquried by SBC Communications then AT&T. Users were able to keep the domain for email.

Last edited:

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
photos

Here's a closeup of the screen and the mount.

JJ

Attachments

• 20150719_133616.jpg
    20150719_133616.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 20150719_133629.jpg
    20150719_133629.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 368

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone try the app? Any suggestions?

My WiFi dongle failed, so I am using serial connection for now.
Uniden said they send me a replacement if I faxed them my receipt but I can't find it.
Maybe Upman will send me one and I will finish the wifi input.

I looked at the Siren app for iphone and was not impressed.
My big problem is that I can't remember my quickkeys.
So my app will be able to make all the selections from a drop down list. (although when you load your favorites list, they will all need quickkeys)

N9JIG

Sheriff
Check with the retailer that you bought the scanner from, they may be able to get you a copy of the receipt. If it was from Scannermaster call me there and I will look it up and send you a copy.

I have played with Siren a little and it seems to work fine.

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
Well Uniden reneged. They said it is out of warranty! I pointed out that it was unusable for over a year, so they should extend the warranty.
Mine won't talk to the scanner or the PC, but the green LED comes on when you plug it in.
Anybody else? How long are they lasting for those using them?

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
I have tried a little wifi usb plug and it didn't work. The Uniden dongle apparently has a processor in it since it needs to have firmware loaded. I don't understand why they needed the extra processor. Maybe it is needed to pump the audio out.

Status
Not open for further replies.