bcd536hp wifi dongle replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Hi

just wondering if you can use any other wifi dongle or need to purchase a new oem one i think mine is defective cause i have packet loss in proscan and connection lost but i am not sure the dongle is defective so i don't want to spend money on a new oem one to make a test

Thanks

slylingus

Quick Reply
Proscan has two different WiFi\Ethernet Keep alive in Scanner specific options
Try a different method,
My packet los is sitting around 0.02%
Cheers

slylingus

Check Firmware Version of dongle is 7.28?
Reset to factory
Cheers That all I can offer mine was just so bad in the beginning.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Check Firmware Version of dongle is 7.28?
Reset to factory
Cheers That all I can offer mine was just so bad in the beginning.

Version is 7.28

was working really good for 4-5 months an now working for 18-24 hours after that I have to reconnect or restart proscan some people think it’s interference problem but nothing change in my house I have no cordless phone and sometime when I lost the connection there is nobody in the house so all other electronic devices are turned off I think inhale no other choice to spend 115$ Canadian to get a new dongle

Ubbe

Try setting the scanner up as an access point and connect to its WiFi channel from a mobile phone or tablet using the Siren app and check if you get the same problem. But if that works the whole day then it's probably someting with your WiFi router or frequency that the scanners dongle doesn't like. Have you tried another WiFi channel?

If you have any means to see what WiFi channels are in use by others, using a mobile phone app or some routers have surveiliance mode to check the whole spectrum, use a channel that doesn't have a strong signal on adjacent channels. Only use ch1-6-12 as a WiFi channel are +/-3 channels wide and many users can share the same channel and communicate with each other to use free slots in the channel. If you use a neighbouring channel it cannot interact with other routers and loose range and could be totally blocked.

/Ubbe

Ram2015

Can you use any other type of WiFi dongle with the 536 looking to use siren app

Status
Not open for further replies.