BCD536HP WiFi Streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs1975

Premium Subscriber
I understand the Uniden Siren app is not released yet. I'm wondering if there is any way to listen to the scanner via wifi simply by connecting to it and pointing a browser to a particular ip address/port? I feel like this should be obvious but it is alluding me at this point.

brennank

Nope. As of right now all the WiFi dongle can do is respond to ARP and ICMP.

I sure hope they implement what you are describing though. But as of right now the dongle is pretty useless.

mjs1975

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I thought I might be missing something obvious.

Seems Uniden needs to get the show on the road with this app. They have instructions on how to update the wifi dongle. Why? What are you going to do with it? Right now wifi dongle = ineffective door stop.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I understand the Uniden Siren app is not released yet. I'm wondering if there is any way to listen to the scanner via wifi simply by connecting to it and pointing a browser to a particular ip address/port? I feel like this should be obvious but it is alluding me at this point.

You're not the only one who is wondering this. I just asked about this exact same thing.

It would make perfect sense and be a very good move on Unidens part if this was their plan and explain why the line out jack was removed.

http://forums.radioreference.com/2132395-post956.html

mjs1975

Premium Subscriber
Competition in the marketplace is the cure.

I really like this scanner which makes the wifi issue all the more frustrating. I'm guessing we will wait and wait for the app and when it is finally released it will be half baked and buggy as all get out. Just my uninformed prediction.

brennank

It would make perfect sense and be a very good move on Unidens part if this was their plan and explain why the line out jack was removed.

I still don't think that is a valid reason to remove the line out. I can think of several places where a line out is still needed. I have by BCD536 mounted in my truck I USED to have the AUX input for my radio plugged into my BCT15x. Now I can't do that. I have to use an external speaker.

Little stupid if you ask me...

Status
Not open for further replies.