BCD536HP Windows XP / ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Hello all,

I did some general forums searches so hopefully this has not been covered.

I have my new BCD536HP scanner and I wanted to set it up on Proscan however, my Desktop (windows XP) does not seem to find the serial port software.

I used the disk to do the install of SW, thinking that might be the problem, however when in Serial Port mode it has the Yellow Question Mark.

This is USB to Serial, but as long as I have a driver I should be OK.

The question is, can I get this done on XP? I use the XP units for my scanners and until now have not seen any issues.

Thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks,

slingshot202

Feed Provider
After an extra search I found a link to Uniden drivers and have therefore completed my installation on ProScan.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Hello all,

I did some general forums searches so hopefully this has not been covered.

I have my new BCD536HP scanner and I wanted to set it up on Proscan however, my Desktop (windows XP) does not seem to find the serial port software.

I used the disk to do the install of SW, thinking that might be the problem, however when in Serial Port mode it has the Yellow Question Mark.

This is USB to Serial, but as long as I have a driver I should be OK.

The question is, can I get this done on XP? I use the XP units for my scanners and until now have not seen any issues.

Thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks,

Good luck with the audio. You can't use the EXT SP jack directly so that leaves the earphone jack on the front. Alas, no line out jack on this series of scanner.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Yeah, that leaves a little choppy, but it is better than nothing. I am just learning through research today that it does not have a true output jack.

If I plug in the serial port cable it cuts the audio to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.