Bcd536hp wont even pick up wx stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

Starting to think Uniden needs some setting or routine that will bypass all the "Gotcha's" in the Home Patrol line up to allow the less technical/new owners to at least verify basic operation!
C'mon.
Give it just a very little bit of time. You buy a $400-500 radio I would expect you would use it enough to get used to it and learn just a little bit about it.

In the old days you practically had to build the things. It would have been completely "Jetsons" at the time to consider you could turn it on, punch in a zipcode, and hear stuff.

Not that I am condoning zip code scanning. You should move on from that mode in day 2.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
C'mon.
Give it just a very little bit of time. You buy a $400-500 radio I would expect you would use it enough to get used to it and learn just a little bit about it.

In the old days you practically had to build the things. It would have been completely "Jetsons" at the time to consider you could turn it on, punch in a zipcode, and hear stuff.

Not that I am condoning zip code scanning. You should move on from that mode in day 2.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

zip code scanning is the worst, agreed. got my 436 and have never even hit the zip button. lol. if i was traveling to a town and had no time, i might use it, but when i do have time, set it up yourself in sentinel and load what you want. yes, take time to learn the radio. this hobby takes patience and some brains also.

Status
Not open for further replies.