Bcd536hp wont even pick up wx stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth21w

I just bought this scanner brand new, got it programmed but it will not recieve wx channels even on an external antenna, nor any other channels. Help! Ive already bought the dmr upgrade for it!

ecarvalho

Send it back if the radio is bad... you say nothing comes through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ecarvalho

Send for repairs
You can re-enter the key after repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Check the BNC antenna connector to make sure it isn't being shorted out.

Also, the antenna connector is connected to the motherboard with a short pigtail cable and snap connector. You may want to check to see if the connector to the motherboard has come unplugged.

troymail

Silent Key
I was going to say if you just got it and it doesn't work, I'd be taking it back to the place I bought it... then I realized you already applied a paid upgrade which makes taking it back not an option.... continues to make me wonder about the future of these paid upgrades which apparently cannot be transferred.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it was from a scanner dealer, they can contact me through their distributor and I can replace the key. If it was from Amazon or some other retailer that uses robots and not people, then it is pretty much going to have to come through warranty repair service.

seth21w

If it was from a scanner dealer, they can contact me through their distributor and I can replace the key. If it was from Amazon or some other retailer that uses robots and not people, then it is pretty much going to have to come through warranty repair service.

I bought it from j b tool sales through amazon!

Upman can you please message me as i have been calling the 800 number for uniden and just get a busy tone.

Me too.
Ive got a 436 that needs a service center visit..
Called the 800...and on hold indefinitely..3 diff days....

Only had 2 questions..

Do I need a Return Auth number..or something like that..
And
Can I send a USPS money order for the 80$ fee..

436 is still sitting..Maybe Ill try again later today..Im feeling
lucky!...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Out of curiosity, did you test it before you purchased the DMR upgrade?

scannerjunkie

Try reset

Try doing a factory reset. turn off scanner, then hold 2-9 and department keys together and turn scanner on. hope this helps you. also did you try hooking up external speaker or headphones to see if theirs audio coming from these ports?

scannerjunkie

Check to see if sd card is bad. remove card from scanner and then read it using your card reader on your computer. then save all info on your computer and transfer this onto another sd card. this will tell us if sd card is bad and also you will have a back up saved now on your computer. also is static all the time or when squelch is turned all the way down?

Status
Not open for further replies.