BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in CT using one? What systems are you monitoring and what are your thoughts on this radio?

thom

Premium Subscriber
simulcast

I would be interested in how a 536 can monitor the Waterford/New London system. My location is about 4 miles west of Waterford and have had a terrible simulcast problem with my BCD996D with or without a roof top directional antenna pointing in various directions.

I can't null out the various towers because they are all in the same direction (East).

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
I've had mine for a few days. Still missing some transmissions on CSP and the Waterford system. I have my Pro 106 running side by side with the 536. Audio on the 106 is better IMHO. The receiver on the 536 seems to be more sensitive on conventional systems. This is my first uniden since my 786D so still learning the software. Not sure if I will end up keeping it.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Both units are working great up here in New Hartford. I'm listening to New Britain
Phase II with no problems.

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
What do you think of the scan speed? Are you listening to two trucked system at once, that's where I am having most problems.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to numerous trunked systems including Hartford, Bristol, CSP, and New Britain. Have you assigned the systems to a Favorites list and if so, have you set HOLD to '0' ? Are you using ID search or ID scan?

Last edited:

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I would be interested in how a 536 can monitor the Waterford/New London system. My location is about 4 miles west of Waterford and have had a terrible simulcast problem with my BCD996D with or without a roof top directional antenna pointing in various directions.

I can't null out the various towers because they are all in the same direction (East).

I live about 5 miles (straight line) from the Waterford town line and 10 miles (straight line) from the New London Police HQ and have no problem receiving Wtfd or NL with a 346xt or 396xt with a Watson 801 on each from inside my home. When in my car with mobile antennas signal is clear. What antenna are you using and/or where are you located? I am in Niantic.

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
I can receive the systems fine. My concern is the audio quality and how fast (or slow) the 536 decodes. The Pro 106 is opening up on when the 536 is not or the 536 opens a few seconds into the transmission. I'm in Waterford.

thom

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Old Lyme, off 156, behind the Rocky Neck hill which is probably the problem. I have a DPD LP base antenna with a rotor . I've also tried a Wilson yagi, and a Diamond discone. I f I drive to the entrance of Rocky Neck with my 396XT with an inside whip , Waterford comes in fine

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Thom,

My radios always seem to fall off the face off the earth after I pass the Clark Veterinary Hospital in Oly Lyme for about 2 miles or so.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to my world. However, it is only Waterford/New London that gives me big problems. The old 800 mhz Waterford system came in fine.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber

bobmich52

812 I know it's a bit off topic

BUT

I Just got a 436 & I'm Picking Up EVERYTHING, Looking To Narrow It To Hartford/Tolland Cty, Htfd City pd/Fd/ Manchester Etc ONLY, That Said, I'm Picking Up Troop D & E & All CSP L&C in the manchester area

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
Troop E for me is hit & miss. Some transmissions are nice and clear, others are very distorted. I'm missing parts of the conversation most of the time.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is likely that you miss some conversations because there is one frequency that comes in poorly. As the trunked conversation rotates through the different frequencies, try to note which ones have poor reception. That is what I experience with several systems, including one of Hartford's trunked channels that Mass SP uses as a control channel.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.