bcd536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderblue

Using sentinel, added a favorites list for racing frequencies for local dirt tracks in NW Missouri. I used the green cross to install the freq, modulation, and service type of custom 1. But I can't receive anything. Both monitor and downloads are on the profile page. Found that the location coordinates are all 000000's. What coordinates does a person add. Or have I other problems?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Using sentinel, added a favorites list for racing frequencies for local dirt tracks in NW Missouri. I used the green cross to install the freq, modulation, and service type of custom 1. But I can't receive anything. Both monitor and downloads are on the profile page. Found that the location coordinates are all 000000's. What coordinates does a person add. Or have I other problems?
If you created the system manually, then your location entered was latitude & longitude both set at 0.000. That location is off the northwest coast of Africa, in the Atlantic Ocean. Using location control, the scanner ignores it as out of range from your current location.

If your "racing" favorites list is separate from your other lists, try setting 'location' for that one list to NO in the Profile editor, and resend it to the scanner. Alternately, you can look at a different system in the database that is near the track, and use the location information for it. The local PD, FD, or EMS providers in the area are one place to start. Another would be a business that is also near racing site.

I'm presuming you already ensured that the "Custom 1" service type is enabled.

rwier

You didn't mention "where" you want to listen to the track action. With NASCAR and IRL, you pretty much need to be "watching" the transmitting entity. Reception from the race cars degrades dramatically outside of the "stadium", as in the motorhome parking lots. Listening to races from home? Not gonna happen.

fenderblue

Thanks rwier but just setting in the stands listening to the lineups and track officials. Thanks hiegtx also on getting me on a positive direction. Yes the custom 1 was enabled. I think it might work now. If I make a new FL using a county where one of the is located including a EMS that is also at a track the coordinates should also be there without manually putting them in. Then a person can use the green cross to add feature and you should be good to go.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you set Location Control to Off for your Racing Favorites List, having correct location information is not necessary.

You might double check Quick Keys (all 3 types - Favorites List, System and Department), if used, to be sure the correct ones are turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.