BCD563HP Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
yes to all

the wired thing is.the range set to 0 it shows Lincoln site full signal with dat and lnk. with no audio on the 536HP

On the the 996XT everything is programmed the same with audio to the Lincoln site for Troop HQ TG.

on the 536HP i change the range to 20 and pick up other sites for the same system witch come in with Troop HQ

this is the system i am working with
Nebraska State Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, Nebraska - Scanner Frequencies

here is the save for sentinel for the 536HP
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B96kt8k8Rs-Ta2ZqMXVodGFhdE0&usp=sharing

here is the saved data for my 996XT XTpro
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96kt8k8Rs-TWEZWSm9pRHVUWkU/edit?usp=sharing

okay it seams it doesn't want to read the CC

I held a Channel it flashes dat and lnk slow when It was working right it was fast. Mite something wrong with my scanner or the software

If you are getting a signal but no audio and you have set your range to 0.0 maybe you need to turn ON "Location Based" scanning. At least I think that is what it is called. Most people I think only use location based scanner when mobile with a GPS puck. Since I have not done that yet I am not to familiar with all the things needed to get it to work although I have a GPS puck and used it stationary in my car last year with my 996T just to see if it would work and it did.

Also, make for sure in Sentinel that your "System Type" is still correct for this problem system. I got that wrong once and I got what you are getting, full 5 bars but no audio.

okay got the replacement and still not picking up the system still.. I guess something is wrong with the FW.

everything is up to date DB and FW

I tried with old FW and new FW with no luck.

everything in SERV is set to on.

this is the system i am working with and site is Lincoln
Nebraska State Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, Nebraska - Scanner Frequencies

here is the hpe file
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?res...275&authkey=!AKGnwKLJJkeIcJY&ithint=file,.hpe

I am at a full lost on my i can not hear this system and my 996xt is okay

Maybe Upman help if i am lucky :(

SCPD

QRT
Try to hold onto a Control Chanel you know you can hear to see if Scanner or programing
Press CHAN enter Frequency Press CHAN to Temporally hold on to that Frequency
Press F and SYSTEM to resume Scanning.
Also you may try Set your Location.
Press "Menu" Set Location Enter Zip Code and enter Zip code and see if you get anything.

Try to hold onto a Control Chanel you know you can hear to see if Scanner or programing
Press CHAN enter Frequency Press CHAN to Temporally hold on to that Frequency
Press F and SYSTEM to resume Scanning.
Also you may try Set your Location.
Press "Menu" Set Location Enter Zip Code and enter Zip code and see if you get anything.

i have tried the site hold with no luck and zip code.

right now i am trying custom search lock on to 155.58000 upper and lower and see what happens. just waiting on traffic

update: spoke to soon. getting nothing. shows dat and lnk :/

SCPD

QRT
Did you try to Temp hold onto the Control Chanel ?
By hold enter an hold method
Do you hear anything ?
Are you using same antenna Cable etc ?.

SCPD

QRT
Have you used your other Antenna who worked on your other Scanner ?
Checked your link and it was not ready yet. will check back in a bit

I programed the other scanner myself. Heck I do free programing for the local area if someone needs help. You can look at the hpe file to match stuff up.

It's to the point it's the scanner not wanting to pick up the site. I just can't believe Paul "upman" hasn't chimed in to help.

I really love this scanner and don't want to return it. So hopefully it can be fix.

SCPD

QRT
Press CHAN reenter your Frequency and hit CHAN again. Nothing else. Do not use anything else you programed.
Do you get anything ? if Not do you know of a NOAH WX you can receive from your Location ? or a Airport Atis or anything else you know has a constant Broadcast ?

SCPD

QRT
I programed the other scanner myself. Heck I do free programing for the local area if someone needs help. You can look at the hpe file to match stuff up.

It's to the point it's the scanner not wanting to pick up the site. I just can't believe Paul "upman" hasn't chimed in to help.

I really love this scanner and don't want to return it. So hopefully it can be fix.

Sorry I'm not in your area so I'm no good looking at your File. Trying to narrow it down if Location or programming is the Issue. If you do the CHAN Freq. CHAN with different Antenna Cables hopefully we can pinpoint the Problem.
Lets see if we can get any noise out of this ....
I don't think upman can do anything either by just looking at your File.
Also have you posted your File in you Home State ? there may be someone who can better help you there

Thank you for trying to help.

No I haven't posted anything there yet. And upman can look to see of it matches the DB and see it does just like the other scanner. Then maybe trying to trouble shoot this system.

SCPD

QRT
Was able to load it.. (By the Way I'm no Expert)
Go to edit Fw and Location control on change it to on Yes
Then go to edit and add channels on range
Enter your Zip -code
Download it to you scanner and see if that does anything ?>
All this properly will be no use to you if you can't hold onto the Control Chanel directly on your Scanner

Was able to load it.. (By the Way I'm no Expert)
Go to edit Fw and Location control on change it to on Yes
Then go to edit and add channels on range
Enter your Zip -code
Download it to you scanner and see if that does anything ?>
All this properly will be no use to you if you can't hold onto the Control Chanel directly on your Scanner

Tried that too and agreed with the last part.

SCPD

QRT
When I loaded your File Location was Off that's why I went through that Step.
If this is your 2nd Scanner there may be something in the Programing, or location.
Hopefully someone in your Area will see this and turn the Light on for you.
All the Best
Oh I see you have the 536 and I have 436

That's wired because I have it on to lock out the other sites that are not close by. Maybe the hpe didn't come out right.

The only thing I can hope for is a update to fix it

SCPD

QRT
one more thing.
the system you try to pick up from you other Scanner.
When it picks up find out what control Chanel it is using.
Use the Same with the 536 and see if you get anything. if not swap antennas and se if anything

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Let's take all of the other systems, sites, and location programming out of the equation. Download and unzip the attached file. Import this into Sentinel. The system is named "NE SRS Test" and it includes only the Lincoln site, and all known talkgroups. When you are scanning, have only this favorite list and system enabled. Let me know if this works.

--Joe

Attachments

• NE SRS Test.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.