BCD936XT - Upgrade from 936T (Assistance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hs10

Premium Subscriber
Hi Folks

Upgraded from a BCD936T to the BCD936XT... Seems very different, can't get it to function...

Using Radioreference as data source and ARC XT software...

Any initial suggestions??? THANKS

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
the systems have to be reprogrammed. they are a different type of system for P25 800 trunking at least. i stopped using ARC and went to freescan and it seems much easier, but i had the same issues. with the XT you have to program the sites differently, and you can consolidate much more. try searching the uniden scanner specific area of these forums and youll find your answer.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Do you still have your 396T? If so, just download Freescan and pull the data from your 396T and put it on the XT. Freescan is compatible with both scanners, ARC is not.

www.scannow.org

kskeppe

OK, I got my BCD396XT scanner working for Washington County, MN - Woodbury Area. Below are the only things I needed to do to get it done. **This is through a lot of trial & error.....

1> Downloaded programming from radioreference database via FreeScan for Wash Cty (P25 system)
2> P25 Adjust Level : setting of 50 (this is the default)
3> Band Defaults - Changed all 800 freq's from NFM to FM *I never received anything until I did this
4> Upgraded antenna to a RS800 & Seeker 800 **Both work good

*Note: When scanner is leaned again something, so the antenna is at an angle, my error rate goes from 40-70 to 0-9.

**If anyone has any technical knowledge why switching the bands from NFM to FM and why having the scanner sit at an angle gave me such good results, please comment. Thanks

hs10

Premium Subscriber
1> Downloaded programming from radioreference database via FreeScan for Wash Cty (P25 system)
2> P25 Adjust Level : setting of 50 (this is the default)
3> Band Defaults - Changed all 800 freq's from NFM to FM *I never received anything until I did this
4> Upgraded antenna to a RS800 & Seeker 800 **Both work good

Thanks for the information...

I have got mine up and running...

Does anyone have an accurate list of P25 site frequencines for the Metro Area?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you look in our database? There's a link for it in the upper left in the blue toolbar under the site title.

73 Mike

hs10

Premium Subscriber
Did you look in our database? There's a link for it in the upper left in the blue toolbar under the site title.

73 Mike

When I down load from radioreference there is no spectifc freqenceies listed for Sherburne County. The closest I can do is to load everything nearby. It would be nice to scale down the total number of frequencies. Thanks

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
sherburne co and wright co simulcast all their towers. look for site 004-040 Enfield Simulcast. Sherburne co is also found commonly on H West and Anoka and St. Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.