BCD966P2 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

helichuck

Hello everyone,

I am in Moundsville, WV and need some coaching on my new BCD966P2 scanner.

Anyone near me that has one and could give advice?

Thanks,

Chuck

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I am not from your area, but I noticed no one else responded.

When I first purchased my 996 6 years ago, I started programming using FreeScan FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software (google.com)
Freescan is no longer being updated (some have tried to re-author without success - there are newer versions which are flakey at best). I have since migrated to Proscan ProScan

Also see the easier to read manual Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT Digital Scanner Manual

You will need to program this system West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

It is best to understand the hierarchy of programming.
Create and name a P25 system. Add a 'site' and a 'group' to the system. Frequencies go in sites - program primary and alternate (red and blue). Talkgroups go into the 'group'.

Hope that helps

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am in Moundsville, WV and need some coaching on my new BCD966P2 scanner.
Here is a FreeSCAN file for programming your scanner. It includes the SIRN sites and talkgroups for Marshall, Ohio, Brooke, and Hancock Counties. Download and install FreeSCAN: Downloads - Sixspot Software The next link is the instructions for installing the driver for your scanner: BCD996P2 - The RadioReference Wiki Driver installation is near the bottom of the page. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. The second file is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. I seem to remember a discussion that the Moundsville tower is included in the Ohio County simulcast cell. Connect your scanner to your computer. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN. Go to the Scanner tab and Upload Programming. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM:
WV N Panhandle (Trunked)
SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. SIRN Hancock Co (Site)
2. SIRN Brooke Co (Site)
3. SIRN Ohio Co (Site)
4. SIRN Marshall Co (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. Hancock Co Fire
2. Hancock Co Law
3. Brooke Co Fire
4. Brooke Co Law
5. Ohio Co Fire
6. Ohio Co Law
7. Marshall Co Fire
8. Marshall Co Law
9. WV State Police
0. All County Misc

Attachments

• WV N Panhandle FS.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 4

helichuck

Here is a FreeSCAN file for programming your scanner. It includes the SIRN sites and talkgroups for Marshall, Ohio, Brooke, and Hancock Counties. Download and install FreeSCAN: Downloads - Sixspot Software The next link is the instructions for installing the driver for your scanner: BCD996P2 - The RadioReference Wiki Driver installation is near the bottom of the page. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. The second file is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. I seem to remember a discussion that the Moundsville tower is included in the Ohio County simulcast cell. Connect your scanner to your computer. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN. Go to the Scanner tab and Upload Programming. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM:
WV N Panhandle (Trunked)
SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. SIRN Hancock Co (Site)
2. SIRN Brooke Co (Site)
3. SIRN Ohio Co (Site)
4. SIRN Marshall Co (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. Hancock Co Fire
2. Hancock Co Law
3. Brooke Co Fire
4. Brooke Co Law
5. Ohio Co Fire
6. Ohio Co Law
7. Marshall Co Fire
8. Marshall Co Law
9. WV State Police
0. All County Misc
OK, I loaded it, lets see what happens

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
A whole 90 minutes until you gave up and posted word of your demise? The SDS200 will be just as complicated, because the complexity is in how trunked radio systems need to be setup. The advantage with the SDS and HP lines is that you can get started by scanning the whole database using your zip code but you will eventually need to spend some time and learn how these radio systems work in order to fully enjoy the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.