Not open for further replies.

kr4k

Premium Subscriber
Radio: BCD966XT
Firmware: 1.07.03
Programming: FreeScan
Info source: RadioReference download into FreeScan, conventional and trunking
Radio setup - default for that radio within FreeScan
Specific local channel: Johnson City Site Details (Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS))

Issue: No P25 audio.
1. Can hear analog stations without problems - NOAA Wx, amateur repeaters, MURS, GMRS,...
2. Scan labels and frequencies match RR database
3. See all-bar signal strength indicator on P25 channels. No audio. This includes local and other.
4. See Unit ID on some P25 channels, but still no audio.
5. Seeing strong signal on several channels, but scanner never seems to stop to allow audio.

What do I have set up wrong?

SCPD

QRT
try this

try this do a search of the frequency range and choose C-CH ONLY in the options,if you see your system pop up,and talk then you have the frequencies entered wrong.(when scanner finds it it will say GATRRS but be patient .....should stop on 152.7875 the control channel!

Did you program it manually or by computer? Do you have a RR subscription?
Sometimes when you hit it with the computer it "messes up" I usually just resend the data to the scanner and you are back working again.If not do a hard re-set.Then reprogram.That system you are trying is MASSIVE ,it could have happened....

if your using Freescan,you may have to enable the quickkeys press 1,2,3 4 etc to get the Talkgroups ON!Use the software and enable ALL Quickkeys. Say 1 in Your town Police. 2 is yourtown fire dispatch. get me? <<<<I think this is what it is...

PS :If the scanner picks up an encrypted talkroup ,it may appear to "do nothing"

Last edited:

JamesO

Likely a pilot error on configuring the scanner?

If you manually turn the scanner to the control channel, you should see the Control Channel SID or identifier as well as TGID pop up as I recall.

Also might try putting the scanner into ID Search rather than ID Scan and see if there is a problem with the way the TGID are entered.

If the frequencies are correct and the scanner is set to ID Search mode, then you should hear all activity on the system.

kr4k

Premium Subscriber
Am using RR as the programming source.

Changed from ID SEARCH to ID SCAN, and I am hearing audio now on the local system. Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.