BCD96XT CTCSS/DCS/NAC Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

I'm trying to figure out how to get the 396xt to show ctcss/dcs/nac info while scanning? I know it can
do this during search but during general scanning with the channel set to CSQ, can it display ctcss/dcs/nac info?

Highpockets

I'm trying to figure out how to get the 396xt to show ctcss/dcs/nac info while scanning? I know it can
do this during search but during general scanning with the channel set to CSQ, can it display ctcss/dcs/nac info?

If your talking about during scan mode if it stops on a frequency you want the NAC, DCS, set the display mode to display mode 2.

KA2ZEY

Hmmm, I tried that but it doesn't show up. I'm wondering if there's a way to find a ctcss/dcs/nac without having to quickly put into search mode while the channel is active.

Highpockets

Hmmm, I tried that but it doesn't show up. I'm wondering if there's a way to find a ctcss/dcs/nac without having to quickly put into search mode while the channel is active.

I program my 996XT with FreeScan, and when I want to find a NAC, in the NAC column I put SRCH and when the scanner lands on that freq it displays the NAC, I never tried it on PL or DCS though.

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

ka9zey said:

You have to have the frequency set for CTCSS search or NAC search.

If it's analog freq, it will only search for DCS or CTCSS.

If it's digital freq, it will only search for NAC

garys

Premium Subscriber
And if you have the audio type set to "Both" it won't do NAC, CTCSS, or DCS.

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

garys said:

Yup :)

That's probably why you're not getting anything.

kma371

QRT

kma371 said:

garys said:

Yup :)

That's probably why you're not getting anything.

Sorry. I meant "he" the OP

kma371

QRT
Ah ha, ok I didn't know that 'Search' was an option in Freescan. Thanks!

Yeah, it's kinda wedged in there between the PL's and the DCS tones. I think they should move it to top or bottom of list.

I just hit "S" and it comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.